jprebb

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a 1200 Thunderbird on a Asus A7V motherboard with a Swiftech heatsink/fan. My question is how realiable is the Asus Probe utility? It is telling me that my CPU temp is 58 degrees C and my motherboard is 36 degrees C. Also, I am using Arctic Silver and I have an aditional fan in the back of the case to help with airflow. The computer is in my home, so ambient temps never get above 75 degrees F. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

JP

G

I don't think the reading from the Asus Probe is reliable. From my computer, the reading fromt he bios and the Asus Probe always has 10C difference. I emailed to Asus about this problem, they asked me to use the most updated Asus Probe, but I am using it already. I would trust the reading from bios.

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
Even if the probe is 10 degrees off...that is still horrendous temps for a swifttech. Try a Millenium Glaciator...if the temps remain the same you still saved money. Swifts are overpriced.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.