Updated 7DXR via internet but not all was updated

shaolin

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hi!
Hi I just updated my mobo bios (GG7DXR) via the internet but when I checked the web site some components weren't updated like then sound chip. I guess BIos update and chipset driver update are different things. Should I update each chipset driver too. I am still having the shut down problem.
Regards

G

Are your mobo an GA-7DXR from gigabyte?

/Dal

Its better to ask a question and be a fool for five minutes, than to be a fool forever.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes, update everything you can get your hands on :wink:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

Hi!

The bios is the first system that a computer starts and is the core of the computer. If the bios dont work neither will your computer.
The chipset driver is drivers for windows that tell windows the northbridge and southbridge functionality. If your chipset drivers isnt up to date its no big deal because you will still get into windows so you can update them.

The Bios and chipset drivers are two different things.

/Dal

Its better to ask a question and be a fool for five minutes, than to be a fool forever.

shaolin

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Well, I updated everything I found at the Gigabyte website but still the shutdowns conitinue! Today the memory even passed the Norton Utilities test that it is suppodes to fail according to Corsair! This is nuts :-(

G

Hi

Shutdown problem?
Probably you have an application that stopps working and sort of hangs the computer when you shut it down. It could be hard to find which program it is, but try to shut down a different program before you shutdown you system. In that way you can rule out certain programs that are working. I.E. if you have 3 active programs you shut prog1 down and shuts down. if the shutdown is halted and you got your problem its one of the other programs. Do this for every program you have in the list when you press ctrl+alt+del.
Its a bit work since it tends to be alot of proggies in the list.

/Dal