ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

can anyone confirm what limit this dell pda has on compactflash media? I
wanted to use a Hitachi 4gb microdrive compactflash card in this dell unit
but not sure if it would be compatible,was planning to backup a few movies
of my dvd collection onto the card to view on x50v.have just ordered the
x50v and was looking to order a large memory card for it too.

ferg

remove nospam to reply

ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

"> can anyone confirm what limit this dell pda has on compactflash media? I
> wanted to use a Hitachi 4gb microdrive compactflash card in this dell unit
> but not sure if it would be compatible,was planning to backup a few movies
> of my dvd collection onto the card to view on x50v.have just ordered the
> x50v and was looking to order a large memory card for it too.
>
> ferg
>
> remove nospam to reply
>
>dell never answered my email and no-one can help here,perhaps someone knows
>if the axim x50v supports the
FAT32 file system? if it does then i think i will be ok with 4gb
compactflash card

ferg

"ferg" <winzip51nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "> can anyone confirm what limit this dell pda has on compactflash media?
>> wanted to use a Hitachi 4gb microdrive compactflash card in this dell
>> unit but not sure if it would be compatible,was planning to backup a few
>> movies of my dvd collection onto the card to view on x50v.have just
>> ordered the x50v and was looking to order a large memory card for it too.
>>
>> ferg
>>
>> remove nospam to reply
>>
>>dell never answered my email and no-one can help here,perhaps someone
>>knows if the axim x50v supports the
> FAT32 file system? if it does then i think i will be ok with 4gb
> compactflash card
>

> ferg

microdrives can be hit and miss when it comes to PDAs some work and others
don't. The size isn't the problem just some are not as compatible as they
should.

Pop over to http://www.aximsite.com/ for a wealth of info the x50v

Good luck

Bal