Convert USB Data cable to Serial?

I was wondering if there is a way to convert a USB cable into a Serial
cable.

Dont tell me just to go out and buy one. I have a couple of these USB
cables, and I just want to toy with them.

Also, does anyone know if there is a source for the end of the cable
that plugs into the phone?
1 answer Last reply
More about convert data cable serial
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    mmm you must know the pinouts of the phone.. then put rx/tx with tx/rx
    on the db9 ..
    if you see in the phone side´s plug, there are only 3 wires.. i think
    they are rx, tx an ground.. but i dont know which one is what :P also
    there is a resistor and i think that that make the fone recognise that
    something is plugged..
    sorry, my english is too bad :P

    --
    djtincho

Nextel Cable USB Internet Service Providers