  • USB
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
August 15, 2005 12:02:18 AM

I was wondering if there is a way to convert a USB cable into a Serial
cable.

Dont tell me just to go out and buy one. I have a couple of these USB
cables, and I just want to toy with them.

Also, does anyone know if there is a source for the end of the cable
that plugs into the phone?

More about : convert usb data cable serial

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:02:19 AM

mmm you must know the pinouts of the phone.. then put rx/tx with tx/rx
on the db9 ..
if you see in the phone sideĀ“s plug, there are only 3 wires.. i think
they are rx, tx an ground.. but i dont know which one is what :p  also
there is a resistor and i think that that make the fone recognise that
something is plugged..
sorry, my english is too bad :p

--
djtincho