Blue screen critial error message

I downloaded a new driver required for my Canon scanner. The scanner is
working fine, but since downloading the driver I have received two blue
screens.
" The following problem is caused by file - Intelc52.sys - an attempt was
made to write to read only memory. Disable BIOS memory such as caching or
shadowing.

The new driver said it was compatible to Windows XP. Should I uninstall the
driver or can I fix the problem?

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On30/01/2005 "rumblefish" <rumblefish@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:
>I downloaded a new driver required for my Canon scanner. The scanner is
>working fine, but since downloading the driver I have received two blue
>screens.
>" The following problem is caused by file - Intelc52.sys - an attempt was
>made to write to read only memory. Disable BIOS memory such as caching or
>shadowing.
>
>The new driver said it was compatible to Windows XP. Should I uninstall the
>driver or can I fix the problem?

BIOS caching and shadowing is a throwback to the days where operating systems
interacted with hardware through the BIOS. It can be disabled in you BIOS
settings. When your computer is first powered up, you need to push a key to
get into your BIOS settings (usually something like [del] or [f2]). Once
there, find the settings for BIOS caching and/or shadowing (they're usually in
'advanced settings' or the like). Hope it works for you, otherwise, I would
uninstall or disable the driver until you can get help from Canon.