deleting msn messenger off my computer

I hope I am in the right place to request this. I would lke to delete
msn off my computer. remove it from my explorer as well. Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated. thanks

--
amil8
4 answers Last reply

    Amil ,
    Go to control panel, then click on add remove programs, click on
    add / remove windows components (on the left side of screen) A window will
    come up...windows components...scroll down to the bottom of the window
    uncheck the box next to msn messenger...then click next ....did it remove ????
    Later John
    If all else fails go to the sight below ...it's a GOOD ONE....trust me
    .....Ive been in your situation before..(been there -done that !!! )

    paste this web sight into your address box and enjoy...........

    http://www.dougknox.com/

    "amil8" wrote:

    > I hope I am in the right place to request this. I would lke to delete
    > msn off my computer. remove it from my explorer as well. Any assistance
    > would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    >

    > --
    > amil8

    Greetings,

    If you're referring to MSN Messenger, you can uninstall it by going to the Add or Remove
    Programs in the Control Panel. Otherwise for Windows Messenger, simply close down Messenger
    if it's running (right click the messenger icon in the notification area/system tray and
    click close). Then click the start button, then click Run and type in (copy-paste if you
    like):
    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    Then click OK.
    Messenger will then be uninstalled. For more detailed instructions and screenshots, go to,
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "amil8" <amil8.1jon1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:amil8.1jon1n@pcbanter.net...

    > I hope I am in the right place to request this. I would lke to delete
    > msn off my computer. remove it from my explorer as well. Any assistance
    > would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    >

    > --
    > amil8

    if you uninstall windows messenger so your system is only running msn
    messenger will you still be able to use remote assisstance anymore?

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > If you're referring to MSN Messenger, you can uninstall it by going to the Add or Remove
    > Programs in the Control Panel. Otherwise for Windows Messenger, simply close down Messenger
    > if it's running (right click the messenger icon in the notification area/system tray and
    > click close). Then click the start button, then click Run and type in (copy-paste if you
    > like):
    > RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
    >
    > Then click OK.
    > Messenger will then be uninstalled. For more detailed instructions and screenshots, go to,
    > http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "amil8" <amil8.1jon1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:amil8.1jon1n@pcbanter.net...
    > >
    > > I hope I am in the right place to request this. I would lke to delete
    > > msn off my computer. remove it from my explorer as well. Any assistance
    > > would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    > >

    > > --
    > > amil8

    Hi,

    No, Remote Assistance requires Windows Messenger to be installed.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "lqqker" <lqqker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > if you uninstall windows messenger so your system is only running msn
    > messenger will you still be able to use remote assisstance anymore?
    >

    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> If you're referring to MSN Messenger, you can uninstall it by going to the Add or Remove
    >> Programs in the Control Panel. Otherwise for Windows Messenger, simply close down
    >> Messenger
    >> if it's running (right click the messenger icon in the notification area/system tray and
    >> click close). Then click the start button, then click Run and type in (copy-paste if you
    >> like):
    >> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
    >>
    >> Then click OK.
    >> Messenger will then be uninstalled. For more detailed instructions and screenshots, go
    >> to,
    >> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "amil8" <amil8.1jon1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:amil8.1jon1n@pcbanter.net...
    >> >
    >> > I hope I am in the right place to request this. I would lke to delete
    >> > msn off my computer. remove it from my explorer as well. Any assistance
    >> > would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > amil8

Computers MSN Messenger Windows XP