Windows Messenger 5.1

a. Can Windows Messenger 5.1 be installed in Windows98 SE?
b. Is Windows Messenger 5.1 installed in Windows98 SE
able to communicate (Audio and Video) with Windows
Messenger 5.1 installed in WindowsXP SP2 ?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger

    Greetings Zeev,

    No, Windows Messenger 5.1 is only supported on Windows 2000 and XP. If you want to use both
    Audio and Video to someone using Windows XP, you'll both need to be using MSN Messenger:
    http://messenger.msn.com/download
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Zeev Schor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > a. Can Windows Messenger 5.1 be installed in Windows98 SE?
    > b. Is Windows Messenger 5.1 installed in Windows98 SE
    > able to communicate (Audio and Video) with Windows
    > Messenger 5.1 installed in WindowsXP SP2 ?

    Many thanks for the quick help

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"Zeev Schor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message
    >> a. Can Windows Messenger 5.1 be installed in Windows98
    SE?
    >> b. Is Windows Messenger 5.1 installed in Windows98 SE
    >> able to communicate (Audio and Video) with Windows
    >> Messenger 5.1 installed in WindowsXP SP2 ?
    >

    >.

    Hi Zeev,

    No problem at all.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    > Many thanks for the quick help

Windows 98 Messenger Microsoft Windows XP