Mail add ons

January 30, 2005 7:13:01 PM

I know there is a page from MS where you can still download the mail add on
for Windows Messenger 4.7 (not MSN Messenger). This add on will alert you
when you receive a new email via Windows Messenger. Can someone PLEASE send
me the page or link to the page? Jonathan had done so once before but I am
unable to find it searching MS. Thanks.

More about : mail add ons

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:29:16 PM

Greetings Perry,

You can find it here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73...

However, if you're trying to make it work with the Windows Messenger 4.7 version in SP2
(4.7.3000), it will no longer work as this version of Windows Messenger has removed Add-ons.
If you'd like this to still work, you can simply downgrade to the old version:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know there is a page from MS where you can still download the mail add on
> for Windows Messenger 4.7 (not MSN Messenger). This add on will alert you
> when you receive a new email via Windows Messenger. Can someone PLEASE send
> me the page or link to the page? Jonathan had done so once before but I am
> unable to find it searching MS. Thanks.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:29:17 PM

Thanks Jonathan. It seems you know everything and I always appreciate your
help. You always answer my questions! Thanks very much!

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Perry,
>
> You can find it here:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73...
>
> However, if you're trying to make it work with the Windows Messenger 4.7 version in SP2
> (4.7.3000), it will no longer work as this version of Windows Messenger has removed Add-ons.
> If you'd like this to still work, you can simply downgrade to the old version:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know there is a page from MS where you can still download the mail add on
> > for Windows Messenger 4.7 (not MSN Messenger). This add on will alert you
> > when you receive a new email via Windows Messenger. Can someone PLEASE send
> > me the page or link to the page? Jonathan had done so once before but I am
> > unable to find it searching MS. Thanks.

January 31, 2005 11:35:46 AM

Hi Perry,

You're very welcome ;)

> Thanks Jonathan. It seems you know everything and I always appreciate your
> help. You always answer my questions! Thanks very much!
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings Perry,
>>
>> You can find it here:
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73...
>>
>> However, if you're trying to make it work with the Windows Messenger 4.7 version in SP2
>> (4.7.3000), it will no longer work as this version of Windows Messenger has removed
>> Add-ons.
>> If you'd like this to still work, you can simply downgrade to the old version:
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I know there is a page from MS where you can still download the mail add on
>> > for Windows Messenger 4.7 (not MSN Messenger). This add on will alert you
>> > when you receive a new email via Windows Messenger. Can someone PLEASE send
>> > me the page or link to the page? Jonathan had done so once before but I am
>> > unable to find it searching MS. Thanks.

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 6:23:28 PM

Hi, just want to know if you resolved this issue as I can
not get access to my e-mail through messenger...it starts
opening the hotmail site and then nothing happens.

February 8, 2005 9:20:25 AM

Here you go.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:47:02 PM

The mail add on download page Jonathan displayed took care of being alerted
when new Hotmail arrives. I believe it requires Windows Messenger 4.7 and
will not work with later versions.

"David" wrote:

> Here you go.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:53:24 PM

Hi,

Actually it requires Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 -- it does not work with 4.7.3000 or
4.7.3001.

!