Mail add ons

I know there is a page from MS where you can still download the mail add on
for Windows Messenger 4.7 (not MSN Messenger). This add on will alert you
when you receive a new email via Windows Messenger. Can someone PLEASE send
me the page or link to the page? Jonathan had done so once before but I am
unable to find it searching MS. Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about mail

    Greetings Perry,

    You can find it here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55

    However, if you're trying to make it work with the Windows Messenger 4.7 version in SP2
    (4.7.3000), it will no longer work as this version of Windows Messenger has removed Add-ons.
    If you'd like this to still work, you can simply downgrade to the old version:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I know there is a page from MS where you can still download the mail add on
    > for Windows Messenger 4.7 (not MSN Messenger). This add on will alert you
    > when you receive a new email via Windows Messenger. Can someone PLEASE send
    > me the page or link to the page? Jonathan had done so once before but I am
    > unable to find it searching MS. Thanks.

    Thanks Jonathan. It seems you know everything and I always appreciate your
    help. You always answer my questions! Thanks very much!

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Perry,
    >
    > You can find it here:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    >
    > However, if you're trying to make it work with the Windows Messenger 4.7 version in SP2
    > (4.7.3000), it will no longer work as this version of Windows Messenger has removed Add-ons.
    > If you'd like this to still work, you can simply downgrade to the old version:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I know there is a page from MS where you can still download the mail add on
    > > for Windows Messenger 4.7 (not MSN Messenger). This add on will alert you
    > > when you receive a new email via Windows Messenger. Can someone PLEASE send
    > > me the page or link to the page? Jonathan had done so once before but I am
    > > unable to find it searching MS. Thanks.

    Hi Perry,

    You're very welcome ;)

    > Thanks Jonathan. It seems you know everything and I always appreciate your
    > help. You always answer my questions! Thanks very much!
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings Perry,
    >>
    >> You can find it here:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    >>
    >> However, if you're trying to make it work with the Windows Messenger 4.7 version in SP2
    >> (4.7.3000), it will no longer work as this version of Windows Messenger has removed
    >> Add-ons.
    >> If you'd like this to still work, you can simply downgrade to the old version:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I know there is a page from MS where you can still download the mail add on
    >> > for Windows Messenger 4.7 (not MSN Messenger). This add on will alert you
    >> > when you receive a new email via Windows Messenger. Can someone PLEASE send
    >> > me the page or link to the page? Jonathan had done so once before but I am
    >> > unable to find it searching MS. Thanks.

    Hi, just want to know if you resolved this issue as I can
    not get access to my e-mail through messenger...it starts
    opening the hotmail site and then nothing happens.

    Here you go.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55&displaylang=en

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    The mail add on download page Jonathan displayed took care of being alerted
    when new Hotmail arrives. I believe it requires Windows Messenger 4.7 and
    will not work with later versions.

    "David" wrote:

    > Here you go.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55&displaylang=en

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Hi,

    Actually it requires Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 -- it does not work with 4.7.3000 or
    4.7.3001.

    > The mail add on download page Jonathan displayed took care of being alerted
    > when new Hotmail arrives. I believe it requires Windows Messenger 4.7 and
    > will not work with later versions.
    >
    > "David" wrote:
    >

    >> Here you go.
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55&displaylang=en

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP