My 1st Post Here!!! Mobo Info Needed Please !

PhatNinja

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
i posted this question yetserday on the Crossroads of Dereth THE best message /Info Board For the PC Game Asheron's Call. (here http://forums.warcry.com/ac/?f=45 ) I was refered here, and now my question

I have decided to Get a AMD Anthlon XP 1800 chip NOW i need a Mobo... I would really like one with onboard Sound and LAN. LAN Is a MUST! I like the free pci slot. All opinions are greatly appreciated...
And what is PC COMPLIANT mean? I found PC 99 COMPLIANT
And 2001?
This is what I found so far:

MSI K7N420 Pro W/the nVidia chip set

Asus A7V266-E it says Integrated 10/100 LAN (Optional) on the website WTF does that mean?

Soyo SY-K7VDragon Plus (this one I really like)

Thats a copy paste of my post there. so any ideas Please :eek:)

Thanks
PhatNinja

pat

Expert
I have the Dragon+ here and everything is working good. The LAN and onboard sound works very well in my system. I dont know about the other 2 boards, so I cant pronounce on those.

PC 99 is a new standard about how in a PC use recycled material and how can be recycled. You can find info about that on internet.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
the msi nforce is exelent. not as powerfull as other boards, but for the price you cant beat it. but with that board, make sure you use two sticks of ddr ram, 1 or 3 will make it run in sucky mode.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

G

how about gigabyte's ga-7vtxh? it has lan and on board sound and several PCI slots and an AGP slot.even though nvidia's nforce chipset is better than most other integrated chipsets you are still better of with a separate graphics card.