Remote Assistance possibilities?

January 30, 2005 10:49:24 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new here, so bare with me, lol.

My question for you all is this: is there any way of sending remote
assistance but not for help, but to offer help?

Instead of trying to explain over msn how to send the invitation so that I
can accept it and then take over (because they don't know what their doing).
Is there anyway of saving myself the agony of not having to explain to them
what to do and just basically send them an invitation for me to help them?
Does anyone understand? lol, if not let me know I'll try and be more specific.

It wasn't so bad before when everyone had msn 6.7... but now with 7.0 beta
they took it out "ask for remote assistance" from their "actions" menu... so
now I have to explain to people that they have to go to start - all programs
- remote assistance, then invite someone to help - and then choose my
name... it's just a lot of work and some people aren't able to do it for some
odd reason... (in my opinion these people shouldn't be allowed to touch
computers but hey... I'm only joking!)

So yeah if anyone knows an answer to this that would great!! Thanks a lot
people! I very much appreciate it and thank you in advance! And if there is
no option for this, it might be something Microsoft might want to make
available. :-) Thanks, bye!
January 31, 2005 7:05:01 AM

Michael,

It should be possible true the activities option, but i only get the message
that it trying to connect to the server.
It's not the way you asked for, that you take the lead to connect i think.
I asked for some assistance about this, but no reply until know, i think the
BETA status is the reason why there is no connection to the server.
Regards
Ronald

"Michael" wrote:

> Hello everyone, I'm new here, so bare with me, lol.
>
> My question for you all is this: is there any way of sending remote
> assistance but not for help, but to offer help?
>
> Instead of trying to explain over msn how to send the invitation so that I
> can accept it and then take over (because they don't know what their doing).
> Is there anyway of saving myself the agony of not having to explain to them
> what to do and just basically send them an invitation for me to help them?
> Does anyone understand? lol, if not let me know I'll try and be more specific.
>
> It wasn't so bad before when everyone had msn 6.7... but now with 7.0 beta
> they took it out "ask for remote assistance" from their "actions" menu... so
> now I have to explain to people that they have to go to start - all programs
> - remote assistance, then invite someone to help - and then choose my
> name... it's just a lot of work and some people aren't able to do it for some
> odd reason... (in my opinion these people shouldn't be allowed to touch
> computers but hey... I'm only joking!)
>
> So yeah if anyone knows an answer to this that would great!! Thanks a lot
> people! I very much appreciate it and thank you in advance! And if there is
> no option for this, it might be something Microsoft might want to make
> available. :-) Thanks, bye!

January 31, 2005 4:17:08 PM

Hi! Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of checking the Activities
menu... wow... I feel dumb. But yeah thanks for that.
But it's still a pain that we're not able to send remote assitance... only
recieve it... oh well, thanks again, bye!

"Ronald" wrote:

> Michael,
>
> It should be possible true the activities option, but i only get the message
> that it trying to connect to the server.
> It's not the way you asked for, that you take the lead to connect i think.
> I asked for some assistance about this, but no reply until know, i think the
> BETA status is the reason why there is no connection to the server.
> Regards
> Ronald
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone, I'm new here, so bare with me, lol.
> >
> > My question for you all is this: is there any way of sending remote
> > assistance but not for help, but to offer help?
> >
> > Instead of trying to explain over msn how to send the invitation so that I
> > can accept it and then take over (because they don't know what their doing).
> > Is there anyway of saving myself the agony of not having to explain to them
> > what to do and just basically send them an invitation for me to help them?
> > Does anyone understand? lol, if not let me know I'll try and be more specific.
> >
> > It wasn't so bad before when everyone had msn 6.7... but now with 7.0 beta
> > they took it out "ask for remote assistance" from their "actions" menu... so
> > now I have to explain to people that they have to go to start - all programs
> > - remote assistance, then invite someone to help - and then choose my
> > name... it's just a lot of work and some people aren't able to do it for some
> > odd reason... (in my opinion these people shouldn't be allowed to touch
> > computers but hey... I'm only joking!)
> >
> > So yeah if anyone knows an answer to this that would great!! Thanks a lot
> > people! I very much appreciate it and thank you in advance! And if there is
> > no option for this, it might be something Microsoft might want to make
> > available. :-) Thanks, bye!

Related resources
February 1, 2005 2:37:01 AM

Michael,
Can you connect both choices activities and games ???
Because i only get the message trying to connect, and nothing happens !!!

"Michael" wrote:

> Hi! Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of checking the Activities
> menu... wow... I feel dumb. But yeah thanks for that.
> But it's still a pain that we're not able to send remote assitance... only
> recieve it... oh well, thanks again, bye!
>
> "Ronald" wrote:
>
> > Michael,
> >
> > It should be possible true the activities option, but i only get the message
> > that it trying to connect to the server.
> > It's not the way you asked for, that you take the lead to connect i think.
> > I asked for some assistance about this, but no reply until know, i think the
> > BETA status is the reason why there is no connection to the server.
> > Regards
> > Ronald
> >
> > "Michael" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello everyone, I'm new here, so bare with me, lol.
> > >
> > > My question for you all is this: is there any way of sending remote
> > > assistance but not for help, but to offer help?
> > >
> > > Instead of trying to explain over msn how to send the invitation so that I
> > > can accept it and then take over (because they don't know what their doing).
> > > Is there anyway of saving myself the agony of not having to explain to them
> > > what to do and just basically send them an invitation for me to help them?
> > > Does anyone understand? lol, if not let me know I'll try and be more specific.
> > >
> > > It wasn't so bad before when everyone had msn 6.7... but now with 7.0 beta
> > > they took it out "ask for remote assistance" from their "actions" menu... so
> > > now I have to explain to people that they have to go to start - all programs
> > > - remote assistance, then invite someone to help - and then choose my
> > > name... it's just a lot of work and some people aren't able to do it for some
> > > odd reason... (in my opinion these people shouldn't be allowed to touch
> > > computers but hey... I'm only joking!)
> > >
> > > So yeah if anyone knows an answer to this that would great!! Thanks a lot
> > > people! I very much appreciate it and thank you in advance! And if there is
> > > no option for this, it might be something Microsoft might want to make
> > > available. :-) Thanks, bye!

February 1, 2005 11:33:02 PM

hi, yeah I can connect to both without any problem... I honestly haven't had
any problems with 7.0 beta... it crashed once for no reason... other than
that everything works the way it should. Although I do keep my computer free
of spyware and scan for viruses regularly. My computer specs are:
AMD 3200
1 GB of ram
200GB of HHD space (one 120GB and one 80GB)
128 MB ATI Radeon 9200 video card
Wind XP home edition w/ SP2

My computer is custom made, and in my opinion that's the way to go... you
save a lot of money and if it's made well you're computer will run a lot
smoother. Anyway, way off topic, sorry, lol. But yeah, no problems with msn
7.0 beta, what kind of internet connection do you have?

!