Installing MSN Messenger 6.2

I can't seem to install messenger 6.2 on my computer, I
had it on my computer at one point but I had troubles
signing in, so I decided to uninstall in and then re-
install it again, except now I can't install it again. It
tells me the setup has failed with error code:'1603'. It
tells me to go to the help and support page to solve the
problem, but that doesn't solve my problem. I this
computer has the newest version of IE, and Windows XP.
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and found
out how to fix it. Thanks for your help in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about installing messenger

    Greetings James,

    Do you have Ad Watch running (it's part of AdAware)? If so, turn it off and then run the
    setup again.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "James" <felix_229@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I can't seem to install messenger 6.2 on my computer, I
    > had it on my computer at one point but I had troubles
    > signing in, so I decided to uninstall in and then re-
    > install it again, except now I can't install it again. It
    > tells me the setup has failed with error code:'1603'. It
    > tells me to go to the help and support page to solve the
    > problem, but that doesn't solve my problem. I this
    > computer has the newest version of IE, and Windows XP.
    > Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and found
    > out how to fix it. Thanks for your help in advance.

    How do I know if I have Ad Watch, or AdAware? I don't
    think I do.

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"James" <felix_229@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I can't seem to install messenger 6.2 on my computer, I
    >> had it on my computer at one point but I had troubles
    >> signing in, so I decided to uninstall in and then re-
    >> install it again, except now I can't install it again.
    It
    >> tells me the setup has failed with error code:'1603'.
    It
    >> tells me to go to the help and support page to solve
    the
    >> problem, but that doesn't solve my problem. I this
    >> computer has the newest version of IE, and Windows XP.
    >> Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and
    found
    >> out how to fix it. Thanks for your help in advance.
    >

    >.

Computers Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP