Messenger & Journal viewer

Paul

Splendid

Can anybody tell me if MS Journal viewer is part of Messenger?

A friends system keeps giving a message that the veiwer needs to be
repaired when starting Messenger but I cannot find out what the
Journal program actually does.

Can anybody enlighten me and possibly suggest a cure?

I suspect that it is something to do with the file associations but
don't know what extensions either program would use.

Paul

Greetings Paul,

Sort of. Messenger supports digital ink support which is also a component of the Journal
Viewer. This is actually a feature of the Windows Installer as it tries to repair associated
programs when ink support is called.

The easiest fix would be to reinstall the Journal Viewer from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=fad44098-8b73-4e06-96d4-d1eb70eacb44
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Paul" <news@powen.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anybody tell me if MS Journal viewer is part of Messenger?
>
> A friends system keeps giving a message that the veiwer needs to be
> repaired when starting Messenger but I cannot find out what the
> Journal program actually does.
>
> Can anybody enlighten me and possibly suggest a cure?
>
> I suspect that it is something to do with the file associations but
> don't know what extensions either program would use.
>
> Paul

I am having this problem too! However - I am unable to download journal
viewer. I get a warning box appear, saying that a problem has been found
with the .exe file - it then tells me that the prob is that the digital
signature cannot be verified. I have tried turning off my security and
downloading - but same problem. Am lost without my messenger! Please help!

Thank you, Anne