MSN Messenger 7 - Audio doesn't work!

Spent a whole day on two computers trying to get a
Logitech QuickCam to work (audio).

No problem with the video. But I can't get the audio to
work no matter what I try to do. Yes, I tried the tuning
wizard. The microphone works. But when I try to start
an audio conversation, it never works. This is one of
the reports I got back: "We are currently unable to set
up this conversation. Please try again."

I am ready to throw these computers out the window! Can
anyone help me and save me another day trying to get this
to work.

One of the computers is on dsl (Sympatico) and the other
one is on a wireless network.

I appreciate anyone who could help. It's urgent. My
girlfriend (and business partner) lives in the USA and I
live in Canada and we are trying to use MSN Messenger
with the Logitec Cameras (QuickCam for Notebooks Pro).
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger audio doesn work

    Hi Andre,

    Webcam functionality in MSN Messenger can utilize a relay server avoiding the need to need to
    make a direct connection whereas the Audio feature presently does require a direct
    connection.

    Since you're using a router, I assume you're using a router of some kind. In order for this
    scenario to work, your router must support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and you must have
    UPnP support in the turned on.

    Since this is "urgent", I suggest you simply install Skype (www.skype.com) and use that until
    for audio functionality so you can address Messenger when you have more time.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Andre" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Spent a whole day on two computers trying to get a
    > Logitech QuickCam to work (audio).
    >
    > No problem with the video. But I can't get the audio to
    > work no matter what I try to do. Yes, I tried the tuning
    > wizard. The microphone works. But when I try to start
    > an audio conversation, it never works. This is one of
    > the reports I got back: "We are currently unable to set
    > up this conversation. Please try again."
    >
    > I am ready to throw these computers out the window! Can
    > anyone help me and save me another day trying to get this
    > to work.
    >
    > One of the computers is on dsl (Sympatico) and the other
    > one is on a wireless network.
    >
    > I appreciate anyone who could help. It's urgent. My
    > girlfriend (and business partner) lives in the USA and I
    > live in Canada and we are trying to use MSN Messenger
    > with the Logitec Cameras (QuickCam for Notebooks Pro).

    Thank you Jonathan. Sykpe works perfectly for the audio,
    but MSN Messenger can not run at the same time as Skype.
    So, I can either use audio (with Skype) or video (with
    MSN Messenger) but not both at the same time.

    It is so confusing with Windows Messenger 4.7, 5.0, 5.1
    and MSN Messenger 7.0. Here are my questions.

    1. Do you have to have Windows Messenger installed in
    order to have full functionality of MSN Messenger? If
    so, which one?

    2. How do I resolve this issue with MSN Messenger with no
    audio? What do you mean - you have to have a direct
    connection? (One computer is on dsl (with a 4 port
    router) and the other is connected through a dsl (no
    router) or a wireless network.)

    3. How do I turn on UPnP support? Do you mean, I have to
    go to the setup of the router in order to turn it on (on
    the router itself).

    4. What are the software config that I have to set to
    make this work?

    Jonathan, I really appreciate your expertise and need
    your help to get this figured out as soon as possible.

    Thank you again for everything!

    Andre

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"Andre" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> Spent a whole day on two computers trying to get a
    >> Logitech QuickCam to work (audio).
    >>
    >> No problem with the video. But I can't get the audio
    >> work no matter what I try to do. Yes, I tried the
    tuning
    >> wizard. The microphone works. But when I try to start
    >> an audio conversation, it never works. This is one of
    >> the reports I got back: "We are currently unable to set
    >> up this conversation. Please try again."
    >>
    >> I am ready to throw these computers out the window!
    Can
    >> anyone help me and save me another day trying to get
    this
    >> to work.
    >>
    >> One of the computers is on dsl (Sympatico) and the
    other
    >> one is on a wireless network.
    >>
    >> I appreciate anyone who could help. It's urgent. My
    >> girlfriend (and business partner) lives in the USA and
    >> live in Canada and we are trying to use MSN Messenger
    >> with the Logitec Cameras (QuickCam for Notebooks Pro).
    >>

    >.

Audio Computers Windows XP