Msn messenger 4.7 and windows xp

ronald

Hi,
I just installed Windows XP and I have Msn Messenger 4.7.
It will not let me access my hotmail inbox. Any ideas how
to fix it?

You do NOT have MSN Messenger.. look again.. you have WINDOWS Messenger..
Google for the differences..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Ronald" <ad5532@wayne.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I just installed Windows XP and I have Msn Messenger 4.7.
> It will not let me access my hotmail inbox. Any ideas how
> to fix it?

Greetings Ronald,

The Windows Messenger 4.7 version in Windows XP SP2 no longer supports Hotmail functionality
like previous versions.

You'll need to either install the previous version of Windows Messenger (see below) or
install MSN Messenger
(http://messenger.msn.com/Download):

To downgrade back to Windows Messenger 4.7.2009:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
and use the Add-In here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
Jonathan Kay