Msn messenger 4.7 and windows xp

February 1, 2005 5:05:40 AM

Hi,
I just installed Windows XP and I have Msn Messenger 4.7.
It will not let me access my hotmail inbox. Any ideas how
to fix it?

More about : msn messenger windows

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 3:18:45 PM

You do NOT have MSN Messenger.. look again.. you have WINDOWS Messenger..
Google for the differences..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Ronald" <ad5532@wayne.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I just installed Windows XP and I have Msn Messenger 4.7.
> It will not let me access my hotmail inbox. Any ideas how
> to fix it?
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 7:35:53 PM

Greetings Ronald,

The Windows Messenger 4.7 version in Windows XP SP2 no longer supports Hotmail functionality
like previous versions.

You'll need to either install the previous version of Windows Messenger (see below) or
install MSN Messenger
(http://messenger.msn.com/Download):

To downgrade back to Windows Messenger 4.7.2009:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
and use the Add-In here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73...
Jonathan Kay