Msn messenger 4.7 and windows xp

Hi,
I just installed Windows XP and I have Msn Messenger 4.7.
It will not let me access my hotmail inbox. Any ideas how
to fix it?
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger windows

    You do NOT have MSN Messenger.. look again.. you have WINDOWS Messenger..
    Google for the differences..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Ronald" <ad5532@wayne.edu> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I just installed Windows XP and I have Msn Messenger 4.7.
    > It will not let me access my hotmail inbox. Any ideas how
    > to fix it?

    Greetings Ronald,

    The Windows Messenger 4.7 version in Windows XP SP2 no longer supports Hotmail functionality
    like previous versions.

    You'll need to either install the previous version of Windows Messenger (see below) or
    install MSN Messenger
    (http://messenger.msn.com/Download):

    To downgrade back to Windows Messenger 4.7.2009:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    and use the Add-In here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert
    "Ronald" <ad5532@wayne.edu> wrote in message news:1ca601c50845$954b68c0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    > I just installed Windows XP and I have Msn Messenger 4.7.
    > It will not let me access my hotmail inbox. Any ideas how
    > to fix it?

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP