Starting Acrobat Reader 6 calls up the Windows Messanger 5..

February 2, 2005 12:16:27 PM

I upgraded Windows Messanger 4.7 to 5.0 and ever since,
every time I try to use Adobe Acrobat Reader, the Windows
Installer tries and fails to install Windows Messanger
5.1 again!!! I've already tried to uninstall and
reinstalled Acrobat Reader it did not help ... also i
tried reinstall the whole XPpro and this didnt help
either ...hope someone can help me ... bcpotter
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:38:28 PM

Greetings,

To correct this, click Start,then Run, and type the following:
msiexec /x {C3A6819F-62D3-4750-AF1C-28206DDF2C2E}
then click OK.

Then, after uninstallation, reinstall Windows Messenger 5.1 from:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"bcpotter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded Windows Messanger 4.7 to 5.0 and ever since,
> every time I try to use Adobe Acrobat Reader, the Windows
> Installer tries and fails to install Windows Messanger
> 5.1 again!!! I've already tried to uninstall and
> reinstalled Acrobat Reader it did not help ... also i
> tried reinstall the whole XPpro and this didnt help
> either ...hope someone can help me ... bcpotter
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:38:29 PM

Thank You so much Jonathan ... i did as you told and
everything works all fine now ... Thank You so much ...
all all best greetings from here in Copenhagen ....
bcpotter

FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
>Jonathan Kay
>Associate Expert
>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004
Jonathan Kay.

>"bcpotter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>>I upgraded Windows Messanger 4.7 to 5.0 and ever since,
>> every time I try to use Adobe Acrobat Reader, the
Windows
>> Installer tries and fails to install Windows Messanger
>> 5.1 again!!! I've already tried to uninstall and
>> reinstalled Acrobat Reader it did not help ... also i
>> tried reinstall the whole XPpro and this didnt help
>> either ...hope someone can help me ... bcpotter
>

>.

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 6:22:15 PM

Hi,