preventing messenger from starting in user (general) xp ac..

Tags:
  • Messenger
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
February 2, 2005 10:47:04 PM

Hello. I used program defaults and access settings to prevent messenger from
starting up when the administrator account is used. However, this would not
work in the 'limited user' account in XP (SP2). The icon in the system tray
is 'x'd out so it is not signed in but I would like to prevent it from
starting at startup.

Could you please help me. thank you.

More about : preventing messenger starting user general

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 4:38:45 PM

Hi,

If you're just referring to Windows Messenger, you can simply run the following .reg file in
the User account to stop Windows Messenger from starting:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/disablewindo...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!