preventing messenger from starting in user (general) xp ac..

Hello. I used program defaults and access settings to prevent messenger from
starting up when the administrator account is used. However, this would not
work in the 'limited user' account in XP (SP2). The icon in the system tray
is 'x'd out so it is not signed in but I would like to prevent it from
starting at startup.

Could you please help me. thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about preventing messenger starting user general

    Hi,

    If you're just referring to Windows Messenger, you can simply run the following .reg file in
    the User account to stop Windows Messenger from starting:
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/disablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Sam the Man" <Sam the Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. I used program defaults and access settings to prevent messenger from
    > starting up when the administrator account is used. However, this would not
    > work in the 'limited user' account in XP (SP2). The icon in the system tray
    > is 'x'd out so it is not signed in but I would like to prevent it from
    > starting at startup.
    >
    > Could you please help me. thank you.

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP