Need suggestions on Upgrading my ASUS P2B based PC

VJA

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2002
Now that I put together my new Athalon XP 2000+ system I am considering upgrading my old PC which is based around the trusty ASUS P2B Mobo running an overclocked Celeron 300 chip. Since I am really not familiar with Intel Slot 1 CPUs which are compatible with this motherboard I was hoping that someone here could provide a good advice on which chip upgrade would provide the biggest bang for the buck. By the way, other components included in this system are 384 MB of fast PC100 SDRAM, Adaptec Ultra-Wide SCSI card to which two Seagate Ultra-Wide SCSI drives are connected. In the video card department, I have a Diamond Viper V550 installed on that system, which I presume I should also consider upgrading, so any suggestions in that department would also be welcomed.
Anyway, since this is not my primary PC, I would obviously like to keep this upgrade relatively painless and cost effective. A such any suggestions in regards to CPUs and video cards I should consider would be greatly appreciated.