How WM do the file transfer?

I already found the answer that I asked before.Because of the negotiation of
UPnP between WM and my NAT device somehow is failed,as a result WM tried to
receive files by the way of NAT ALG ,BUT!!! my nat device didn`t allow it
(because of UPnP is running),so...private IP wasn`t be translated.
My new question is that during the file transfer,someone must be a FTP
server so that file can be sent or received ,but what is the rule that decide
who is going to be the FTP server, clearly,the one with public IP will be FTP
server ,but what if two of them got private IP (behind NAT).What is the
critical factor to decide this?
I am using XP sp1,WM 5.0.0428,UPnP enable,NAT device support UPnP.
3 answers Last reply
More about file transfer

    I guess that
    first the one with public IP will be server
    if none,then the one with UPnP running will be the one,
    if none again,receiver will be the one .
    Is that right?

    "Wuted" wrote:

    > I already found the answer that I asked before.Because of the negotiation of
    > UPnP between WM and my NAT device somehow is failed,as a result WM tried to
    > receive files by the way of NAT ALG ,BUT!!! my nat device didn`t allow it
    > (because of UPnP is running),so...private IP wasn`t be translated.
    > My new question is that during the file transfer,someone must be a FTP
    > server so that file can be sent or received ,but what is the rule that decide
    > who is going to be the FTP server, clearly,the one with public IP will be FTP
    > server ,but what if two of them got private IP (behind NAT).What is the
    > critical factor to decide this?
    > I am using XP sp1,WM 5.0.0428,UPnP enable,NAT device support UPnP.

    I found the answer by myself!
    If the UPnP between WM and ur NAT device works fine,then WM will work like
    the one having public IP and allowing incoming traffic.
    So there will be two kind of WM user ,1st the one with public IP or UPnP
    working with NAT,the other is behind NAT using ALG.

    So if the sender is the first one ,then the sender will be the FTP server
    allowing incoming traffic no matter the receiver is also the first one or
    what.

    And if both of the sender & receiver are the second one,then the receiver
    will be a FTP server using ALG to allowing incoming traffic ,and in this case
    sometimes you have to manually open the 6891~xxxx port.

    "Wuted" wrote:

    > I already found the answer that I asked before.Because of the negotiation of
    > UPnP between WM and my NAT device somehow is failed,as a result WM tried to
    > receive files by the way of NAT ALG ,BUT!!! my nat device didn`t allow it
    > (because of UPnP is running),so...private IP wasn`t be translated.
    > My new question is that during the file transfer,someone must be a FTP
    > server so that file can be sent or received ,but what is the rule that decide
    > who is going to be the FTP server, clearly,the one with public IP will be FTP
    > server ,but what if two of them got private IP (behind NAT).What is the
    > critical factor to decide this?
    > I am using XP sp1,WM 5.0.0428,UPnP enable,NAT device support UPnP.

    I found the answer by myself!
    If the UPnP between WM and your NAT device works fine, then WM will work

    "Wuted" wrote:

    > I already found the answer that I asked before.Because of the negotiation of
    > UPnP between WM and my NAT device somehow is failed,as a result WM tried to
    > receive files by the way of NAT ALG ,BUT!!! my nat device didn`t allow it
    > (because of UPnP is running),so...private IP wasn`t be translated.
    > My new question is that during the file transfer,someone must be a FTP
    > server so that file can be sent or received ,but what is the rule that decide
    > who is going to be the FTP server, clearly,the one with public IP will be FTP
    > server ,but what if two of them got private IP (behind NAT).What is the
    > critical factor to decide this?
    > I am using XP sp1,WM 5.0.0428,UPnP enable,NAT device support UPnP.

File Transfer Devices Servers Windows XP