sis 5595_onboard vga?

G

I got hold of a motherboard super tx 100 / sis 5595 / Socket7..
It as a connecter on board (pins sticking out for a ribbon type) for vga, I got the 15pin vga back plat with the same ribbon connecter going to the board.
But no signal seems to be going to the monitor, the monitor works fine.
Is there any issues that I maybe missing, I can not see any dip switchs that may turn on the onboard vga, but I have not got a manule, so there might be..
If you know what it could be or if you know where I could find the manule board layout for this board.
Is there anywhere I can get the board schematics, as there are lots of jumpers that are not labelled?
Tar
Topz

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe the motherbord is dead! Anyway you can try oter things.

I guess you have the SiS530 motherboard, the charts for setting the jumpers should be silk screened on the motherboard, look for them. Reset the CMOS memory, if you dont know what jumper is used for it, simply remove the battery for a while and put it back in.

Try running the motherboard bare without memory and withouit any disk drives connected, but with speaker attatched properly. If it beeps continuously for memory the board is good.

If the onboard display is not working try using a external PCI VGA display.

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

G

Thanks, I will try that, next week I can get it round a mates place, cool tools like a multmeter and the like so I can see what is dead if any..