Audio tuning wizard error in Messenger

David

I'm trying to set up my Logitech quickcam4000 to use with Messenger, but I
get an error message when I try to use the audio/video tuning wizard. I'm
guessing that it has to do with the fact that I have non-standard audio
cards (two M-audio Delta 66). The error message is "we are unable to run the
audio/video tuning wizard at this time". I've tried disabling the Logitech
Microphone that's built into the cam and just using a regular microphone
plugged into my soundcard, but then the Logitech software seems to hang and
I have to do a hard reboot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I
can't find any other info on this problem on the web. Thanks,David

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey, delta 66 eh? nice, I'm getting a digidesign 002 rack soon, can't wait!
anyway, off subject

ok, so there could be a few reasons why it may not be working, it's hard to
tell. First could be the fact that in your control panel, under "sounds and
audio devices", and then in the "audio" tab, you don't have the proper sound
card selected for your input.

Another reason could be this, go to start - all programs - accessories -
entertainment - volume control. Once there, go to Options - properties. You
then have a few options in here, First will be "Mixer device", make sure
you're Delta 66 is chosen. Next choice is "adjust volume for" click on
recording. Then make sure all of the inputs are checked off/selected. Click
on "ok". A new so called "mixer" should appear, check to see what input is
selected for your main input. If it is not the appropriate one, check off the
one you want.

If that doesn't help, I would then make sure you have all the most recent
drivers of your audio card installed, to do this check this link:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers .

Now with all of that done, if it still doesnt' work, I would suggest
contacting m-audio's tech support, which can be found on their website.
They'll be able to help for sure.

Your card should be able to work, because I tried it out with the sound card
I have now, ESI Waveterminal 192M (also not considered your standard audio
card) and it worked fine. Hope this works, get back to me if it doesn't, I
have a few friends who have this audio card and I can ask them if they have
had any problems with it. Good luck!

Mike

"David" wrote:

> I'm trying to set up my Logitech quickcam4000 to use with Messenger, but I
> get an error message when I try to use the audio/video tuning wizard. I'm
> guessing that it has to do with the fact that I have non-standard audio
> cards (two M-audio Delta 66). The error message is "we are unable to run the
> audio/video tuning wizard at this time". I've tried disabling the Logitech
> Microphone that's built into the cam and just using a regular microphone
> plugged into my soundcard, but then the Logitech software seems to hang and
> I have to do a hard reboot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I
> can't find any other info on this problem on the web. Thanks,David

David

Thanks, Michael! I was beginning to think that I'd never get any response or
new ideas to try! I'll be trying these out when I get home, and let you
know...

Thanks,
David

PS - Love my Deltas for recording - have fun with your Digidesign!