Remote Assistance set up

Hi

I have tried to use remote assistance to access another PC but could only
get screen view only when logged on. Is it possible to offer help by
controlling there PC totally.
--
Ann
3 answers Last reply

    Hello!
    Yes it is possible to control someones computer using remote assistance.
    Once you have established a connection and can view the persons desktop,
    there is a button on the top left hand corner of that window that says "take
    control" that will then send a message to the persons computer saying that
    they are asking to take control. In order for you to have complete control
    they have to accept your invitation to take complete control, so in other
    words they have to click on yes, then you should have complete control.

    Mike

    "Ann" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have tried to use remote assistance to access another PC but could only
    > get screen view only when logged on. Is it possible to offer help by
    > controlling there PC totally.
    > --
    > Ann

    There is no "Take Control" button anywhere I can see on my screen.
    Max

    "Michael" wrote:

    > Hello!
    > Yes it is possible to control someones computer using remote assistance.
    > Once you have established a connection and can view the persons desktop,
    > there is a button on the top left hand corner of that window that says "take
    > control" that will then send a message to the persons computer saying that
    > they are asking to take control. In order for you to have complete control
    > they have to accept your invitation to take complete control, so in other
    > words they have to click on yes, then you should have complete control.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > "Ann" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I have tried to use remote assistance to access another PC but could only
    > > get screen view only when logged on. Is it possible to offer help by
    > > controlling there PC totally.
    > > --
    > > Ann

    Hi

    Check whether there is a firewall running on ur computer...if u are using
    windows firewall u have to allow exceptions

    And lastly if u have any external firewall or Norton Internet Security
    installed u have to disable tht before connecting.

    "Ann" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have tried to use remote assistance to access another PC but could only
    > get screen view only when logged on. Is it possible to offer help by
    > controlling there PC totally.
    > --
    > Ann

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP