G

my dual proc machine refuses to boot past the memory count
i tried it with disconected HD and took the memmory out and tested it on another machine.
I also tried to boot up with just one chip and it still wont go past the memory count
any suggestion (bad motherboard maby?)
btw both chips work on my other comp

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by aballo36 on 02/02/02 12:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

tyan tiger 230 S2507 mobo
512 ram pc133
visontek xtacy ti200
350w ps
maxtor 40gig HD
2 p3 933

what it seems to be doin is that it rarley sees both of the chips right before the memory count, then proceeds on to boot and as its lodaing windows it hangs up.
After i reset it(after the hang up) it now will not see the chips and freezes at the memory count. im stumped
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by aballo36 on 02/02/02 12:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

pat

Expert
Is there is any jumpers on the board to set the dual CPU option or can you acces the bios?

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

G

there is no jumpers and i can go into bios in the rare case that it boots past the memory count
there is nothing in bios either that is of any help but yes i can acces it

pat

Expert
have you tried them just one at time. And ou are sure that they are in the good slot, 1 and 2 and not 2 and 3, because, sometime, the slot are not placed always in the same position on every motherboard.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!