When I log into Microsoft Messenger I receive the folowing message:
Signing into communications service failed because the service is
temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. At the top of the Windows
Messenger Screen is a blue i (Information symbol) that states You are not
signed in to all services. When I select options and Accounts the .NET
passport is selected and the Communications Service Account: My contacts
include users of a communications service is selected. I am running DSL
through Verizon with a Westell modem and no router and I am using MSN Premium.

Have been trying to run remote access, but it always times out.

I have been trying for 2 days and still receive the same message.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Wayne.....

Greetings Wayne,

In the Accounts tab, uncheck the "Communications Service" option, then sign in again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"skulker" <skulker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I log into Microsoft Messenger I receive the folowing message:
> Signing into communications service failed because the service is
> temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. At the top of the Windows
> Messenger Screen is a blue i (Information symbol) that states You are not
> signed in to all services. When I select options and Accounts the .NET
> passport is selected and the Communications Service Account: My contacts
> include users of a communications service is selected. I am running DSL
> through Verizon with a Westell modem and no router and I am using MSN Premium.
>
> Have been trying to run remote access, but it always times out.
>
> I have been trying for 2 days and still receive the same message.
>
> Can you help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wayne.....

Thanks Jonathon,
I changed it. When my friend returns, then I will try it.

Wayne.