goloap

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
Hi,

A friend of mine has grand theft auto 3, and lend it to me so I could try it. It installs well, but there is a weird thing. My friend has all the blood and gore during the game, and I get nothing.

I know there are two versions of gta3(censored and uncensored), but how come I get the censored version and my friend gets the uncensored version with the same CD. Is it a registry key in windows?

I run winXP pro, with AMD 1.4Ghz.

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
That's tragic. Have you checked the readme.txt? Tried changing detail levels? I'd think gore would be the *last* thing removed as detail settings are lowered, though. :frown:

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
i think there are custom patches that add gore. he prolly has something like that. why dont u ask your friend? if he doesnt then its prolly the settings in gta3... just take a look in there and im sure youll figure it out.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Maybe you got an edited version. Wallyworld for example edits their music and for all I know they edit their games. Assuming you bought the game that is...

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Introducing the NVIDIA GeForceFX: The first Videocard designed exclusively for deaf people!</A></font color=red>

goloap

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
He told me that he has no patches, it is straight from the CDs. Also, the only gore patch I found on the web, is for the german version of the game, and does not work on mine.

I looked through all the settings and did not find anything good. Any other ideas?

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Try typing this in while playing the game....nastylimbscheat

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/" target="_new">When you don’t have a snickers bar for the wait.</A>