page cannot be displayed

highlorddave

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
HI all

begin at the beggining i guess

i have just upgraded my processor and mobo and everything worx fine except i can no longer connect to the internet ( im on another computer to write this )

i have reinstalled winXP ( i was using this before - no prob)
installed all appropriate drivers
i have no hardware conflicts

i open IE6 but i only get the " this page cannot be diplayed "

i have used ipconfig and found that i have a different IP address assigned ( which is stange because i have a static address ). i am not sure if this is the problem or not but i tried forcing the tcp/ip to use the old values but it made no difference.

i have tried ipconfig/release but it does nothing
ipconfig/renew gives me the following error message " unable to contact your DHCP server"

i know the cable modem and ISP work fine ( i'm using them at the moment with the cable modem connected to my brothers computer ) , also swapping the network cards in the two machines has made no difference.

Any idea as t what is giving me this problem would be appreciated

thanx in advance
dave

highlorddave

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
now its getting weird,

i got up this mourning and booted my brothers computer t see if any1 had replied to my post yesterday but the net does not work??? exactly the same problem i was having yesterday on mine.

except now the internet works on mine no problem.

I have been trying to set up the ICS so my brothers can connect to the internet aswell but his will not connect to the internet.

he can see some of the shared folders on my computer such as shared pictures on dave but not others such as MP3 or Video folders.

Any one have any ideas because this is just plain weird.

ps
i have tried running both computers without firewalls thinking that this may have been the problem but it made no difference.

maybe i should just go back to bed and the computer fairys will have fixed both by tommorow

dave

TRENDING THREADS