Problem with new DI-624 router and DWL-G650 wireless card

Hi, I just got my wireless equipment but I can't get any signal on my
laptop. I installed netstumbler and it can't find any access points. I
installed the latest drivers on both and it still won't find any. The
router is revision C3 and the card B3. Any ideas? The router works find
for normal LAN but not WAN.

Thanks
Mike Shaffer

Michael Shaffer wrote:

> Hi, I just got my wireless equipment but I can't get any signal on my
> laptop. I installed netstumbler and it can't find any access points. I
> installed the latest drivers on both and it still won't find any. The
> router is revision C3 and the card B3. Any ideas? The router works find
> for normal LAN but not WAN.
>
> Thanks
> Mike Shaffer

By the way, the router is about 2 feet from my laptop.

Michael Shaffer wrote:
> Hi, I just got my wireless equipment but I can't get any signal on my
> laptop. I installed netstumbler and it can't find any access points. I
> installed the latest drivers on both and it still won't find any. The
> router is revision C3 and the card B3. Any ideas? The router works find
> for normal LAN but not WAN.
>
> Thanks
> Mike Shaffer

Nevermind, I got it to work! =]

Michael Shaffer <michaelshaffer@cox.net> wrote:

>Michael Shaffer wrote:
>> Hi, I just got my wireless equipment but I can't get any signal on my
>> laptop. I installed netstumbler and it can't find any access points. I
>> installed the latest drivers on both and it still won't find any. The
>> router is revision C3 and the card B3. Any ideas? The router works find
>> for normal LAN but not WAN.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mike Shaffer
>>
>Nevermind, I got it to work! =]

Sometimes it would help others if you posted what you did to correct
the problem..

gene martinez wrote:
> Michael Shaffer <michaelshaffer@cox.net> wrote:
>

>>Michael Shaffer wrote:
>>
>>>Hi, I just got my wireless equipment but I can't get any signal on my
>>>laptop. I installed netstumbler and it can't find any access points. I
>>>installed the latest drivers on both and it still won't find any. The
>>>router is revision C3 and the card B3. Any ideas? The router works find
>>>for normal LAN but not WAN.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Mike Shaffer
>>>

>>Nevermind, I got it to work! =]
>>

> Sometimes it would help others if you posted what you did to correct
> the problem..

I didn't do anything, it just started working..

With most DLink series 6 routers there is a little trick that works when you
are unable to get it to broadcast a wireless signal.

Using a paperclip quickly tap the rest button three time (do not hold
reset). That tends to "jump start" the wireless broadcast.

"Mike Greene" <revmwgreene@comcast.net> wrote in message
> With most DLink series 6 routers there is a little trick that works when
you
> are unable to get it to broadcast a wireless signal.
>
> Using a paperclip quickly tap the rest button three time (do not hold
> reset). That tends to "jump start" the wireless broadcast.

Don't forget to say "There's no place like home."

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.