Window Messenger 5.1 and Media center 2005

I got version 4.7.3000 and i want to know whats the difference between
4.7.3000 and 5.1

do i need to update my window messenger 4.7.3000?

Is Window Messenger 5.1 compatible with Media Center 2005 because they have
a new features where you can sign in using window messenger inside Media
Center 2005.
1 answer Last reply
More about window messenger media center 2005

    Greetings Allan,

    You don't really need to update from 4.7.3000 to 5.1 unless you're connecting to a SIP-based
    communications server/exchange server. Both versions will work fine with MCE.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I got version 4.7.3000 and i want to know whats the difference between
    > 4.7.3000 and 5.1
    >
    > do i need to update my window messenger 4.7.3000?
    >
    > Is Window Messenger 5.1 compatible with Media Center 2005 because they have
    > a new features where you can sign in using window messenger inside Media
    > Center 2005.

Media Center Messenger Windows XP