G

CPU: Intel Pentium 150mhz (socket 7)
Motherboard set to
Voltage: 3.3
Ratio: 2.5x
Bus Clock Frequency: 66.8mhz (this is the lowest setting on the board)
Motherboard: 530BF
The Bus Clock Frequency should be 60mhz, but the board as no jumper configuration for that (from looking at the manual)

I booted up it works, but the CPU reads as a 200mhz, err, I've turned it off just in smoke starts coming from it, any ideas how to get the board to read the CPU right.
Or will this CPU not work with this board?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That CPU might work fine at 200MHz. Just raise the core voltage to 3.5v and put a decent heatsink with fan on it. Most of my 166's would work fine at 200MHz unless they were "multiplier locked".

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

I looked over the pages here on over clocking CPUs, mm ok, I'm not scared anymore.

I have no signature

G

On the subject of cpu's, completely irrelevant, but i'm messing around in my bios and theres a host clock setting which i can increase. It's default is 133mhz, but i'm currently at 147, giving me a CPU speed of 1.25ghz from a 1.13 athlon, i presume the multiplier is 8.5? anyway, is this safe? cos i'm presuming the fsb is now 294mhz? advice please!! (a via kt266 chipset)

svol

Champion
Indeed 147*8.5=1250 MHz

Your FSB is 147 MHz (294 MHz with Double Data Rate), this means that your AGP speed is 147/2=73.5 MHz and your PCI speed is 147/4=36.75 MHz, this means that not only your CPU and memory run faster but also your AGP and PCI cards. This isn't a problem, most cards can handle those higher speeds, but if your system is unstable then you have to lower the FSB.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .