Question about adding memory to my Inspiron 4100

Tags:
  • Dell
  • RAM
  • Inspiron
  • Memory
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
a b } Memory
September 3, 2005 9:17:41 AM

Hi
I have only 128 mb ram in this XP system and I'd like to know how easy
or difficult it would be to add extra RAM myself?(a novice at tinkering
wih my laptop components)
TIA

More about : question adding memory inspiron 4100

Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 3, 2005 7:39:48 PM

Easy. First, check out the specs for your system on the Dell website.
Order the memory from Crucial or Kingston based on what you find on the
website. Open the case and stick the memory in the appropriate slot(s).
Done!

<yodasue@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have only 128 mb ram in this XP system and I'd like to know how easy
> or difficult it would be to add extra RAM myself?(a novice at tinkering
> wih my laptop components)
> TIA

Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 4, 2005 9:32:04 AM

Thanks Kevin!

>>Easy. First, check out the specs for your system on the Dell website.
Order the memory from Crucial or Kingston based on what you find on the
website. Open the case and stick the memory in the appropriate slot(s).
Done!
<yodasue@webtv.net> wrote in message
Hi
I have only 128 mb ram in this XP system and I'd like to know how easy
or difficult it would be to add extra RAM myself?(a novice at tinkering
wih my laptop components)
TIA
Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 4, 2005 12:33:01 PM

> Thanks Kevin!

Get the RAM specs and shop carefully. PC133 SODIMMs are not going to be
cheap these days.....

Stew
!