danielle

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

Hello,

Can anyone confirm if Messenger is down, or if it is just the Beta version?

Has there been any estimate time frame on when it may be back up??

Thanks

Hello

How about a message on the official MSN homepage so people know, whats
going on....?

Regards
Raffael Walther

Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
> Greetings Danielle,
>
> The service is down, regardless of what client you're doing.
>
> No timeframes yet.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Danielle" <dkent-johnston@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone confirm if Messenger is down, or if it is just the Beta
version?

> > Has there been any estimate time frame on when it may be back up??
> >
> > Thanks

Hi

I knew about this one but I thought about an official statement of
Microsoft. For example like: MSN Servers are currently down because....
we are trying to fix the problem....

Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
> Hi Raffael,
>
> http://messenger.msn.com/status.aspx will tell you (when the page
loads).
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> <raffael_walther@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > How about a message on the official MSN homepage so people know,
whats
> > going on....?
> >
> > Regards
> > Raffael Walther
> >
> > Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
> >> Greetings Danielle,
> >>
> >> The service is down, regardless of what client you're doing.
> >>
> >> No timeframes yet.
> >> ____________________________________________
> >> Jonathan Kay
> >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> >> Associate Expert
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> >> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> >> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> >> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >>
> >> "Danielle" <dkent-johnston@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Beta
> > version?

Greetings Danielle,

The service is down, regardless of what client you're doing.

No timeframes yet.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Danielle" <dkent-johnston@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone confirm if Messenger is down, or if it is just the Beta version?
>
> Has there been any estimate time frame on when it may be back up??
>
> Thanks

Hi Raffael,

http://messenger.msn.com/status.aspx will tell you (when the page loads).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

<raffael_walther@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> How about a message on the official MSN homepage so people know, whats
> going on....?
>
> Regards
> Raffael Walther
>
> Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
>> Greetings Danielle,
>>
>> The service is down, regardless of what client you're doing.
>>
>> No timeframes yet.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Danielle" <dkent-johnston@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Can anyone confirm if Messenger is down, or if it is just the Beta
> version?
>> >
>> > Has there been any estimate time frame on when it may be back up??
>> >
>> > Thanks

reffael,
Had you gone to the link suggested by Jonathan you would have seen the
message that MS server was down.
Clive

> Hi
>
> I knew about this one but I thought about an official statement of
> Microsoft. For example like: MSN Servers are currently down because....
> we are trying to fix the problem....
>

> Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
>> Hi Raffael,
>>
>> http://messenger.msn.com/status.aspx will tell you (when the page
> loads).
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> <raffael_walther@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > How about a message on the official MSN homepage so people know,
> whats
>> > going on....?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Raffael Walther

> Beta
>> > version?

> up??

Hello

I have been to on this page and I clearly wrote in my last posting,
that I know about it. If you read my posting correctly then you would
understand what I mean! For example the reason and the estimated time
to solve the problem could be mentioned in this posting. I know that
you probably cannot suggest a time if you don't know where the problem
is but you could for example write: MSN is currently down due to a
unknown problem. Our technicians are working on the problem.

By the way, my Name if Raffael! It really seams that you didn't read my
post carefully :)

To keep it cleare. Its not a question from me. I understood that the
servers where down. Its more a hint from me. I was quite surprised that
there was no official statement of microsoft as the service was down
for several hours.