Messenger Down

Hello,

Can anyone confirm if Messenger is down, or if it is just the Beta version?

Has there been any estimate time frame on when it may be back up??

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about messenger down

    Hello

    How about a message on the official MSN homepage so people know, whats
    going on....?

    Regards
    Raffael Walther

    Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    > Greetings Danielle,
    >
    > The service is down, regardless of what client you're doing.
    >
    > No timeframes yet.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Danielle" <dkent-johnston@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Can anyone confirm if Messenger is down, or if it is just the Beta
    version?

    > > Has there been any estimate time frame on when it may be back up??
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Hi

    I knew about this one but I thought about an official statement of
    Microsoft. For example like: MSN Servers are currently down because....
    we are trying to fix the problem....

    Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    > Hi Raffael,
    >
    > http://messenger.msn.com/status.aspx will tell you (when the page
    loads).
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > <raffael_walther@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > How about a message on the official MSN homepage so people know,
    whats
    > > going on....?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Raffael Walther
    > >
    > > Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    > >> Greetings Danielle,
    > >>
    > >> The service is down, regardless of what client you're doing.
    > >>
    > >> No timeframes yet.
    > >> ____________________________________________
    > >> Jonathan Kay
    > >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    > >> Associate Expert
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    > >> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    > >> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
    > >> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    > >>
    > >> "Danielle" <dkent-johnston@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

    Beta
    > > version?

    Greetings Danielle,

    The service is down, regardless of what client you're doing.

    No timeframes yet.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Danielle" <dkent-johnston@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone confirm if Messenger is down, or if it is just the Beta version?
    >
    > Has there been any estimate time frame on when it may be back up??
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Raffael,

    http://messenger.msn.com/status.aspx will tell you (when the page loads).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    <raffael_walther@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > How about a message on the official MSN homepage so people know, whats
    > going on....?
    >
    > Regards
    > Raffael Walther
    >
    > Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    >> Greetings Danielle,
    >>
    >> The service is down, regardless of what client you're doing.
    >>
    >> No timeframes yet.
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "Danielle" <dkent-johnston@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> > Hello,
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone confirm if Messenger is down, or if it is just the Beta
    > version?
    >> >
    >> > Has there been any estimate time frame on when it may be back up??
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    reffael,
    Had you gone to the link suggested by Jonathan you would have seen the
    message that MS server was down.
    Clive

    > Hi
    >
    > I knew about this one but I thought about an official statement of
    > Microsoft. For example like: MSN Servers are currently down because....
    > we are trying to fix the problem....
    >

    > Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    >> Hi Raffael,
    >>
    >> http://messenger.msn.com/status.aspx will tell you (when the page
    > loads).
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> <raffael_walther@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello
    >> >
    >> > How about a message on the official MSN homepage so people know,
    > whats
    >> > going on....?
    >> >
    >> > Regards
    >> > Raffael Walther

    > Beta
    >> > version?

    > up??

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Hello

    I have been to on this page and I clearly wrote in my last posting,
    that I know about it. If you read my posting correctly then you would
    understand what I mean! For example the reason and the estimated time
    to solve the problem could be mentioned in this posting. I know that
    you probably cannot suggest a time if you don't know where the problem
    is but you could for example write: MSN is currently down due to a
    unknown problem. Our technicians are working on the problem.

    By the way, my Name if Raffael! It really seams that you didn't read my
    post carefully :)

    To keep it cleare. Its not a question from me. I understood that the
    servers where down. Its more a hint from me. I was quite surprised that
    there was no official statement of microsoft as the service was down
    for several hours.

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP