MSN Messenger vs Windows Messeger

I have Windows messenger 4.7, I want to be able to add emoticons, I guess I
have to upgrade to MSN Messenger.

1. What are the major differences between MSN MSG and Win MSG?
2. Can MSN Msg do everything Win Msg can?
3. Can MSN MSG handle remote-assistence if either party is on windows
messenger?
4. where do I get msn msg

thanks....Paul
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger windows messeger

    Greetings Paul,

    1. There are several differences between the two. Most notably, MSN Messenger 6 has support
    for
    display pictures, custom emoticons, has a different interface, etc. whereas Windows Messenger
    supports SIP-based communications services, Exchange IM Server, etc. Which one you use is up
    to you if you're simply using the most basic functionality, connecting to the public .NET
    Messenger service) and a matter of personal choice. However one thing to keep in mind,
    Windows Messenger must still be installed on Windows XP in order for MSN Messenger to retain
    full functionality (Remote Assistance, Whiteboard, Application Sharing, etc.).

    MSN Messenger is centered around MSN technologies (Hotmail, MSN Member Profiles, MSN Mobile,
    etc.) whereas Windows Messenger is centered around Windows technologies (Exchange Server,
    Office Live Communications Server, Windows Netmeeting, etc.).

    2. No.
    3. Yep, but Windows Messenger must be installed
    4. http://messenger.msn.com/Download
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Paul Sala" <psala.no.spam@btv.ibm.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows messenger 4.7, I want to be able to add emoticons, I guess I have to upgrade
    >to MSN Messenger.
    >
    > 1. What are the major differences between MSN MSG and Win MSG?
    > 2. Can MSN Msg do everything Win Msg can?
    > 3. Can MSN MSG handle remote-assistence if either party is on windows messenger?
    > 4. where do I get msn msg
    >
    > thanks....Paul

    yeah msn msg is totaly different i sudjest you try it to
    find out. Get it from msn.com on the home page there will
    be a messanger tab.. you should be able to go from there.
    l8er

MSN Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP