MSN Messenger vs Windows Messeger

I have Windows messenger 4.7, I want to be able to add emoticons, I guess I
have to upgrade to MSN Messenger.

1. What are the major differences between MSN MSG and Win MSG?
2. Can MSN Msg do everything Win Msg can?
3. Can MSN MSG handle remote-assistence if either party is on windows
messenger?
4. where do I get msn msg

thanks....Paul

Greetings Paul,

1. There are several differences between the two. Most notably, MSN Messenger 6 has support
for
display pictures, custom emoticons, has a different interface, etc. whereas Windows Messenger
supports SIP-based communications services, Exchange IM Server, etc. Which one you use is up
to you if you're simply using the most basic functionality, connecting to the public .NET
Messenger service) and a matter of personal choice. However one thing to keep in mind,
Windows Messenger must still be installed on Windows XP in order for MSN Messenger to retain
full functionality (Remote Assistance, Whiteboard, Application Sharing, etc.).

MSN Messenger is centered around MSN technologies (Hotmail, MSN Member Profiles, MSN Mobile,
etc.) whereas Windows Messenger is centered around Windows technologies (Exchange Server,
Office Live Communications Server, Windows Netmeeting, etc.).

2. No.
3. Yep, but Windows Messenger must be installed
4. http://messenger.msn.com/Download
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Paul Sala" <psala.no.spam@btv.ibm.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows messenger 4.7, I want to be able to add emoticons, I guess I have to upgrade
>to MSN Messenger.
>
> 1. What are the major differences between MSN MSG and Win MSG?
> 2. Can MSN Msg do everything Win Msg can?
> 3. Can MSN MSG handle remote-assistence if either party is on windows messenger?
> 4. where do I get msn msg
>
> thanks....Paul

sss

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

yeah msn msg is totaly different i sudjest you try it to
find out. Get it from msn.com on the home page there will
be a messanger tab.. you should be able to go from there.
l8er