Can't sign in after security update applied

a b 8 Security
February 9, 2005 12:44:39 PM

When signing into Windows Messenger today I received a message something
like "You must update to continue". I had already seen the long list of
updates issued by MS so I said yes.

Now that the updates are done, Messenger won't sign me into the service. I
get the "We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger Service...".

But from a different machine I can sign in just fine.

I've applied all the critical updates.

Any clues or advice?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 9, 2005 6:28:05 PM

Greetings Bob,

Usually such things are related to a third-party firewall which may not recognize that new
version of Messenger as being allowed to access the Internet connection. Simply set the
firewall settings properly and it should work again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

news:o jj29voDFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!