My Firewall is keeping me from getting to my email

I am running sygate firewall. When I try to go to my email inbox from msn
messenger 6.2 the browser opens up and trys to load forever but never gets
there.

Now when I turn off my software firewall it works just fine. (I know turning
off a firewall is not very smart but I have a hardware router also protecting
me)

msnmsgr.exe is allowed to run in my firewall. Is there another file that is
required? I have nothing blocked in my firewall currently. So this seems very
strange. I've reinstalled both my firewall and msn messenger. Still works the
same.

Help!
2 answers Last reply
More about firewall keeping email

    Download the free version of Zone Alarm Firewall from Zone Labs

    And the folks at Sygate have said what?

    Try Zone Alarm.

    "Zenara25" <Zenara25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running sygate firewall. When I try to go to my email inbox from msn
    > messenger 6.2 the browser opens up and trys to load forever but never gets
    > there.
    >
    > Now when I turn off my software firewall it works just fine. (I know
    > turning
    > off a firewall is not very smart but I have a hardware router also
    > protecting
    > me)
    >
    > msnmsgr.exe is allowed to run in my firewall. Is there another file that
    > is
    > required? I have nothing blocked in my firewall currently. So this seems
    > very
    > strange. I've reinstalled both my firewall and msn messenger. Still works
    > the
    > same.
    >
    > Help!

Firewalls Messenger Email Windows XP