My Firewall is keeping me from getting to my email

February 9, 2005 7:57:06 AM

I am running sygate firewall. When I try to go to my email inbox from msn
messenger 6.2 the browser opens up and trys to load forever but never gets
there.

Now when I turn off my software firewall it works just fine. (I know turning
off a firewall is not very smart but I have a hardware router also protecting
me)

msnmsgr.exe is allowed to run in my firewall. Is there another file that is
required? I have nothing blocked in my firewall currently. So this seems very
strange. I've reinstalled both my firewall and msn messenger. Still works the
same.

Help!

More about : firewall keeping email

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 1:35:54 PM

Download the free version of Zone Alarm Firewall from Zone Labs

February 9, 2005 5:30:05 PM

And the folks at Sygate have said what?

Try Zone Alarm.

!