can't access documents in MS Excel

Can't access documents in microsoft excel which are on
floppy disk, I get the following message:
SSB&ING Accts.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read-
only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location.
Or, the server the document is stored on may not be
responding.
I have never had this problem in the past, nothing on the
computer has changed. However, I am able to open word
documents on the same disk.
1 answer Last reply
More about access documents excel

    Greetings Enid,

    Try copying the file from the disk to the desktop and opening it there.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Enid" <enid.redfern@jud.state.ct.us> wrote in message
    > Can't access documents in microsoft excel which are on
    > floppy disk, I get the following message:
    > SSB&ING Accts.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read-
    > only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location.
    > Or, the server the document is stored on may not be
    > responding.
    > I have never had this problem in the past, nothing on the
    > computer has changed. However, I am able to open word
    > documents on the same disk.

Excel Windows XP