can't access documents in MS Excel

February 9, 2005 8:16:40 AM

Can't access documents in microsoft excel which are on
floppy disk, I get the following message:
SSB&ING Accts.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read-
only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location.
Or, the server the document is stored on may not be
responding.
I have never had this problem in the past, nothing on the
computer has changed. However, I am able to open word
documents on the same disk.

More about : access documents excel

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 6:29:01 PM

Greetings Enid,

Try copying the file from the disk to the desktop and opening it there.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!