Slow MSN Messenger

I desperately need to keep in touch with my daughter and
grandchildren in Australia. I can connect with MSN
messenger and use both sound and webcam, but the delay on
line is 4or5 seconds and is making conversation very
difficult. I used this service OK until I had to reboot
my computer with XP + service pack 2. Can this be
anything to do with the delay both in sound and picture?
I would be grateful for any help you can give me.

Greetings,

You might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start, then click the
Control Panel. If you're in category view click Network and Internet connections then click
Network Connections. Right click your network/internet connection, then click Properties.
Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, then reboot and try again. If you're unable to uncheck it
(grayed but still on), choose the Uninstall button instead.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert