Soyo Dragon+ IDE 3 & 4

G

I just finished booting up a new system yesterday and I cannot get the IDE 3 & 4 working as normal IDE ports. I can get them started up as raid ports. The jumper for this port is diabled for raid as per the manual but I cannot load the ultra family driver to make these function as normal IDE ports. Any help would be appreciated.

svol

Champion
My onboard RAID (Abit KG7) works also as ATA100 device when the RAID drivers are used, maybe you don't need the drivers. Just connect a readable HD on it and see if you can open it under Windows.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

Did you try disabling the RAID function in the BIOS in addition to the jumper on the motherboard?

Also there is an upgraded ultra family driver and BIOS version available for download on the SOYO site. I would check the BIOS setting first, try upgrading drivers and finally the BIOS upgrade.

Which chip are you using? I cannot get my board to run with 133MHz FSB.

Good luck.

Given enough attempts, anyone can screw anything up beyond repair.

pat

Expert
What device are you using? Because the FastTrack Lite does NOT support ATAPI devices as CD_ROM, BURNER,.... Only hard disk.

It is written in the manual, page 164, third question of FAQ

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

pat

Expert
Are you running in normal or turbo mode and, with how many memory stick of what size? And have you downloaded the latest BIOS.

This board doesnt like some brand of memory.

G

I've connecting a hard disk to these IDE ports the system bios or windows cannot see it. Thanks for the reply anyway. My manual tells me that if I am not using the raid function the I have to install the drivers to use them as standard IDE.

G

I have tried this already with no response. The problem that you are having I also had. I am using an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ at 133 MHZ. I found that I had to manually change the FSB speed in the bios and it worked fine. I have also tried hooking up a hard to IDE 3 and then went into windows and told it to search for new hardware and it coukd not see it. I am presently waiting for a response from SOYO.

G

Thanks for the reply. The fast track lite is the driver to use when you are using IDE 3 and 4 as a raid drive. I am trying to use these ports as standard IDE ports. The manual tells me that I have to install the Ultra Family Driver in order for these ports to work as standard IDE ports. The only problem is it doesn't tell you where to install them.

pat

Expert
But the drive should be recognized by the promise BIOS when you boot, after it has finised recognizing the standard dirve (ide 1 et 2). For that, in the setup combo menu choice in the BIOS, the option 'onboard promise RAID' in the BIOS SHOULD BE enabled. It is not only for the RAID fonction, but to enable the Promise BIOS. Then, just set the jumper on the board for RAID/ATA100 to ATA100. Even with no HD connected, you are suppose to see the message from the Promise BIOS chearching for drive.

Once it is recognized by the system, you just go in the device manager under SCSI controler and the Promise controler will be listed there. just install the driver from there.