decisions "Help"

G

I have to make a decision,if given the choice what would you decide on the ASUS P4T-E or a Shttle AV40? What are the pros and cons of both boards? And will the AV40 support the new northwood CPU and is the TI200 or TI500 video cards worth the extra $.
""Please Help""

In other posts, you'll read that the P4T-E will support rambus at 533 megahurtz (perhaps with a bios upgrade). Rambus is actually cheaper than ddram right now. My local pc store sells 128 megs of rambus for only $35, less than ddram. But, if you already have ddram and want to use it in you're next system, I would go with the Intel or Sis 645 chipset. Both offer overclocking possibilities with ddram. Otherwise, get the Asus board with rdram.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The Asus P4T-E is a much better choice for leng term, is a bit costlier than the Shuttle board, but does support 533 MHz FSB by overclocking the chipset. Todays Northwood A (400 MHz FSB) is already supported by the board, its overclocking features can allow you to use the Northwood B (533 MHz FSB) processors later on.

The Asus P4T-E is a good investment for the future!

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>