can't sign into messenger....

Hi there, I went online 2 nights ago and a box popped up
on my screen even before I signed into MSN saying I had
to update my messenger before I could move on, so I
clicked ok. I downloaded the newest version of messenger,
and after that my computer rebooted and now I can't sign
into messenger. It keeps telling me that my password is
incorrect or net.passport might be down....Can you please
help me? I'm not very computer literate, but I need
messenger so I can keep in touch with my distant family.

Thanks,
Robyn

I am having the same problem. I now have 4.7.3001 version. Somebody help us!!

"Robyn Mullin" wrote:

> Hi there, I went online 2 nights ago and a box popped up
> on my screen even before I signed into MSN saying I had
> to update my messenger before I could move on, so I
> clicked ok. I downloaded the newest version of messenger,
> and after that my computer rebooted and now I can't sign
> into messenger. It keeps telling me that my password is
> incorrect or net.passport might be down....Can you please
> help me? I'm not very computer literate, but I need
> messenger so I can keep in touch with my distant family.
>
> Thanks,
> Robyn
> tigeress16 I have the same problem arond the same time. I have tried everything and i am not that technical either, it has been 2 days for me as well. I wrote msn but have not heard from them yet. I do hope someone can help us with this problem tigeress16 ty

Hi there, I'm having exactly the same problem since 2 days ago....it all
started with the same prompt to update the messenger & I also have
4.7.3001.....every time I try to sing in I receive the following message:
"signing in to .NET Messenger Service failed because the service could not be
found. Please make sure you are connected to the internet"..............I
also have tried my .NET password (for example at this chat) and it is ok.
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP US!!!

"JustMickey" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. I now have 4.7.3001 version. Somebody help us!!
>
> "Robyn Mullin" wrote:
>
> > Hi there, I went online 2 nights ago and a box popped up
> > on my screen even before I signed into MSN saying I had
> > to update my messenger before I could move on, so I
> > clicked ok. I downloaded the newest version of messenger,
> > and after that my computer rebooted and now I can't sign
> > into messenger. It keeps telling me that my password is
> > incorrect or net.passport might be down....Can you please
> > help me? I'm not very computer literate, but I need
> > messenger so I can keep in touch with my distant family.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Robyn

A week later (2/18) and I am still getting the same error message. Why is it
that no one at MS has figured this thing out yet???

"tigeress16" wrote:

> "Robyn Mullin" wrote:
>
> > Hi there, I went online 2 nights ago and a box popped up
> > on my screen even before I signed into MSN saying I had
> > to update my messenger before I could move on, so I
> > clicked ok. I downloaded the newest version of messenger,
> > and after that my computer rebooted and now I can't sign
> > into messenger. It keeps telling me that my password is
> > incorrect or net.passport might be down....Can you please
> > help me? I'm not very computer literate, but I need
> > messenger so I can keep in touch with my distant family.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Robyn
> > tigeress16 I have the same problem arond the same time. I have tried everything and i am not that technical either, it has been 2 days for me as well. I wrote msn but have not heard from them yet. I do hope someone can help us with this problem tigeress16 ty

TRENDING THREADS