Dragon+ incompatiable memory list

G

Hi. In the past half an hour, skimming through the forums, I have come across 4 different posts. Under 4 different threads, that said the Soyo Dragon Plus MB, has big compatibility issues with certain brands of memory.

I have done a couple searchs on Google about memory incompatible Dragon plus, etc. and got nothing

Does anyone know if there is some official list somewhere of what memory is not compatible, or know of brands that arent?

Im specifically wondering about Micron or Samsung. Mostly, if theres a site or someone has some small piece of info, or even has had an experience. It might be good to compile a known problem list, seeing as so many people have had this issue, and Im sure theres more to come. Thanks for any imput you can offer.

Render_effects

PhatNinja

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
i dont know about micron and samsung but cruicial "claims" to be compatible.and a 512mb stick is only $161.00

THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY!

G

im not sure if the boards really have incompatibility with brands of memory or not but i use mushkin (3 256mb DIMMS)and my board works fine. I know that the BIOS used to have a problem with using more than 2 DIMMS but after i reflashed it with the updated version my system has been rock stable since.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
My uncle just bought the Soyo Dragron +, he installed 512mb pc2100 ddr CRUCIAL ram..Good Price, System is stable..runs great!!

Can't go wrong with Crucial

Later/Rob

AMD USER!!!

dweilbacher

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2001
Just for clarification, my Crucial DDR 256MB memory
states: Crucial, a division of Micron. Hence I believe
Crucial uses Micron memory.