Messenger Update

On Feb 7, 2005 or thereabouts there was a pop up to
install an upgrade of messenger. After installing it my
Outlook Express wouldn't work although I was still able
to conncet to the internet. I backdated my computer to a
time before installing the messenger upgrade and now
Outlook express works but my older version of messenger
doesn't. To make matters more irritating, that pop up
keeps appearing asking me to download the upgraded
version of messenger. Grrrr. Can you help me please?
1 answer Last reply
More about messenger update

    run Windows update and install all important updates. After that it
    worked fine for me.

Outlook Express Messenger Microsoft Windows XP