t440bx cpusupport

alph

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
I´ve got a intel t440bx mobo and i want to change cpu.
Ï´ve been looking on intels website but i can´t understand if it will support for example a celeron 800 on a slotket.
My concern is the voltages.

Thanks

<font color=purple> english first language nono</font color=purple>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think it depends on your board revision. Did the Intel website say it would support a Coppermine CPU (Any PIII at 650+, any Celeron at 566+)? If so, you should not have a problem.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, Intel T440BX support page says that the slotket is not tested or verified, but doesnt say it could work or not.

I mailed a local Intel support person, and he said that the board is already EOL (although I got a replacement from them last April) and will have limited support.

I had proposed the use of the Asus S370-DL slotket (which is one of the best ones available, and it has voltage control too), but he said doing this will void the warranty of the motherboard.

I guess all the configuration is stored in a locked NVRAM on the board that can enable them to track what processors were put in! That could be risky, but since they havent validated this solution officially and they dont deny it working, I think I will go ahead with it, putting a P-III 800/100 Coppermine processor (or I could put even the P-III 1000/133@750/100!! which might actually be cheaper) and done with it! The BIOS officially lists upto 850 MHz speeds of the processor, and thats why I am even thinking of putting a Coppermine 1.13 GHz (256k L2 cache) processor which would run at 850 MHz on the board, just almost 50% higher on price.

If you are going with slotkets, get a good one that allows you to set the core voltages, like Abit, Asus, Iwill and MSI ones. Dont go for any unbranded slotkets.

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>