Application sharing won't start

Hi,

I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7.3001 under XP SP2. I have successfully used
this to work with my remote client where they sent me an invitation to begin
Remote Assistance.

Today I wanted instead to show them an application on my computer. I sent
them the invitation and they accepted it, but then nothing happened. (The
first time, the SP2 firewall prompted me about the program and I chose
Unblock.) In the conversation window, I again selected Start Application
Sharing, and a NetMeeting window opened listing my applications, but they
were all grayed out and could not be selected. The title bar of the
NetMeeting window indicated that I was Not in a Call.

Since we have used Remote Assistance through our respective firewalls
before, I assumed that Application Sharing would work as well. What am I
missing?

Thanks,

Mark Berry

It sounds like I am having the same problem. I wish I had an answer, but did
you ever figure it out?

"Mark Berry" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7.3001 under XP SP2. I have successfully used
> this to work with my remote client where they sent me an invitation to begin
> Remote Assistance.
>
> Today I wanted instead to show them an application on my computer. I sent
> them the invitation and they accepted it, but then nothing happened. (The
> first time, the SP2 firewall prompted me about the program and I chose
> Unblock.) In the conversation window, I again selected Start Application
> Sharing, and a NetMeeting window opened listing my applications, but they
> were all grayed out and could not be selected. The title bar of the
> NetMeeting window indicated that I was Not in a Call.
>
> Since we have used Remote Assistance through our respective firewalls
> before, I assumed that Application Sharing would work as well. What am I
> missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark Berry

Christopher,

Sorry, I still don't have answer. Anyone care to add some insight here?

Mark Berry