Does Window Messenger Capable to send to Group of users??

I need to find out if it is possible and how to send IM to a group (multiple
users) in Windows Messenger. Currently, I don't see this capability and may
be it's because I am not familiar using Windows Messenger.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adelyn

It's not really possible to send to a group of users, as you would an e-mail
distribution list. You can invite folks to a conversation and do it that
way.

If you are a programmer, there is a Software Development Kit for the RTC
client (Windows Messenger 5.x) that will allow you to create "bots", which
can broadcast IMs. An example of a coded, and well documented, Bot is
located below.
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Managed_RTC_LCS_Bot.asp

There are also 3rd party apps that will do this...but most are used with
SPIM (spam over IM) and I won't post them here, but Googling them will show
you.

Bob
"Window Messenger IM to Group??"
<WindowMessengerIMtoGroup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to find out if it is possible and how to send IM to a group
(multiple
> users) in Windows Messenger. Currently, I don't see this capability and
may
> be it's because I am not familiar using Windows Messenger.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Adelyn

Thank you for your info. which is useful. Just switched from Yahoo IM to
Window Messenging, used to the capability yahoo messenging has.

Adelyn
"Bob Christian" wrote:

> It's not really possible to send to a group of users, as you would an e-mail
> distribution list. You can invite folks to a conversation and do it that
> way.
>
> If you are a programmer, there is a Software Development Kit for the RTC
> client (Windows Messenger 5.x) that will allow you to create "bots", which
> can broadcast IMs. An example of a coded, and well documented, Bot is
> located below.
> http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Managed_RTC_LCS_Bot.asp
>
> There are also 3rd party apps that will do this...but most are used with
> SPIM (spam over IM) and I won't post them here, but Googling them will show
> you.
>
> Bob
> "Window Messenger IM to Group??"
> <WindowMessengerIMtoGroup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I need to find out if it is possible and how to send IM to a group
> (multiple
> > users) in Windows Messenger. Currently, I don't see this capability and
> may
> > be it's because I am not familiar using Windows Messenger.
> >
> > Your help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Adelyn

It would be nice to have those features...that is for sure...