To: Jonathan Kay VSMVP- No Audio

Although I really have very high regard for people like
Jonathan Kay who are giving and very helpful to the
community, somebody else also noticed that, he is Very
Selective about the type of problems he offers solution to.
Ever since I installed a Linksys router to my brother's
computers and created a local area network for
him,Messenger 6.2 started to give us problems. I am
currently port forwarding on my router as well as my
brother's, cannot get any audio, and after about 4 to 5
minutes in Audio connection effort, messenger will kick us
out. I need to solve this problem and want to have a
dependable tool for audio/Video Conferencing.

What I need from you from you Jonathan is a name of a
Microsoft connection to whom I can go to resolve issues
like having no audio (which you are not willing to
address). That is why I change your title from MVP to Very
Selective MVP,VSMVP. Thank you very much in advance for
any advice or help I can get. I am not trying to nasty but
as yoyu can see I am very frustrated!

Excuse me?.. we all have different areas of specialty knowledge, and no one
MVP that frequents these newsgroups knows it all.. each one of us can only
answer questions to problems that we have encountered, and when we can't
answer, we let somebody else take over or go looking ourselves.. this
concept is known as teamwork..

I would also remind you that MVPs and others that frequent these newsgroups
do so in their own time and get no remuneration for their efforts.. the
newsgroups are not a hotline to MS support..

If you want audio/video conferencing using MSN Messenger, I suggest that you
find yourself an ISP with a reliable connection that also supplies UPnP
enabled connection hardware..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Suha Altug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Although I really have very high regard for people like
> Jonathan Kay who are giving and very helpful to the
> community, somebody else also noticed that, he is Very
> Selective about the type of problems he offers solution to.
> Ever since I installed a Linksys router to my brother's
> computers and created a local area network for
> him,Messenger 6.2 started to give us problems. I am
> currently port forwarding on my router as well as my
> brother's, cannot get any audio, and after about 4 to 5
> minutes in Audio connection effort, messenger will kick us
> out. I need to solve this problem and want to have a
> dependable tool for audio/Video Conferencing.
>
> What I need from you from you Jonathan is a name of a
> Microsoft connection to whom I can go to resolve issues
> like having no audio (which you are not willing to
> address). That is why I change your title from MVP to Very
> Selective MVP,VSMVP. Thank you very much in advance for
> any advice or help I can get. I am not trying to nasty but
> as yoyu can see I am very frustrated!

I guess the problem is on your side. If you use a UNIVERSAL PLUG AND
PLAY or UPNP enabled router (and enable this feature on the router)
there is no problem at all. I have used it with the D-Link Dl-604 and
it works without any problems.

And if you read the website of Mr Kay then you'll also find the
information that the router must have UPNP enabled.

I would just like to say that you are an ungreatful mean
person, just by looking at the surface of your comments.
DO you think YOU can bully someone into answering you. I
have lurked in this newsgroup, having worked for an ISP,
and found his suggestions helpful.

The existance of an MVP is not to be at your (or my) beck
and call. They volunteer what time they have and answer
what questions they choose to. They are not paid to
answer every question in this newsgroup.

If you need a servant because you are incompetent, that
is one thing. If, however, you are just being an ass by
appending the VS, go back to the hole you crawled out of
until you can play nicely in the sandbox.

If you want a servant, shell out the 199Euro for a call
and talk to Microsoft PSS (professional support services).

I hope that Jonathan does not answer your question based
upon principle. Too bad you can't be kick banned from
this newsgroup.