IWILL Won't Boot

IWILL version 1.0 well the sight showed 2.1 O-well we live and learn.
1200Duran
Maxtor HHD
Gf2mx400
2100 memory
300W Enermax

Everything is brand new. No boot. Long beeps, short beeps, no beeps, other noises, R on the screen, replace disk hit enter other times on the screen.$@#&*#$@%^&

Any ideals? I have a feeling this mobo is going back in two days if I don't get it working.
23 answers Last reply
More about iwill boot
  1. why dont you just rma the thing? you want version 2.1 anyway.....

i tried Morpheus..... but i didnt inhale....
  2. You can try setting it up outside the case, with just the mobo, cpu/heatsink, memory, and video card. I've never had a mobo that won't post (just lucky I guess) unless the power supply is bad.
  3. There's nothing wrong with version one, except that version 2.1 is better overclocker.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  4. I don't have the floppy, CDR or HHD plug in. Leaving just a couple setting to switch.
    So far I had short beeps, long beeps, no beeps. Nothing on the screen then a R on the top left and a message

BIOS Rom check sum error
    Detecting floppy drive A
    Drive A error system halt

Also seen replace disk and hit enter.

When I get a chance I'll switch gf2 and the memmory and what the h*ll cpu too.
  5. lol, ahhh, plug them in then. It seems to me, the board doesn't want to boot without the floppy!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  6. hehe, ahhh, why didn't I think of that. ahhh, still doesn't work any more ideals?
  7. Try flipping the floppy cable where it plugs into the A drive.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.
  8. Try resetting the BIOS. Good luck.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .
  9. What the problem was is the memory slots.
    Now there is slot 0-1-2
    Slot 0 booted with my test memory, but not all the time and not with the regional memory. I tried slot 0 a dozen times, only booted once using my 2400 memory. Slot 1 booted once or twice, but not persistent.
    I'm now using slot 2 and installing the OS.
    My question is since slot 0 booted 0 times with my 2100 Crucial memory and once or twice in slot 1 should I worry about that, because slot 0 gave me a lot of grief and slot 1 also. They worked when and if they wanted too.
    so far everything seems OK now and 256 memory will be enough and I do want this thing done ASP.
  10. That sounds like a bad board.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .
  11. oh, ok.... i read one of your previous posts and must have misunderstood. i actually just bought one.... got ver 2.1 so not an issue either way with me....

i tried Morpheus..... but i didnt inhale....
  12. The only bad thing is the memory slots. I'm not happy about it, but can live with it, as long as nothing els is wrong.
  13. <font color=red>oh, ok.... i read one of your previous posts and must have misunderstood. i actually just bought one.... got ver 2.1 so not an issue either way with me....</font color=red>

Now I misunderstand you. Sounds like you just bought a IWLL too. If so, I hope you don't have the problem I had with the memory.
    And to clear this up. When I bought the mobo the sight was showing me the version 2.1, but I ended up with version1.0 also with KT266 under the sticker.
  14. Sounds like you bought your motherboard from an unreliable source.

15. I second the bad board vote. The thing should not be acting flakey while the memory is in different slots. I would return it while it's under warranty.
  16. It seems to be running real well, I hate to have to return it, but maybe that would be best. I bought it at Component Authority.
    This sucks, because the computer is for my sister and I want to send it out ASP. Any ideal how long this would take to send back? I'm just wondering if I should just order another one from some where els while I exchange this one.
  17. Those boards are looking to be a good platform for a fast system for sure!

The time it takes to return it depends on the companies policy. Usually like 2 weeks to a month depending on what is necessary. You judt have to talk to them and find out.

You could probably get a refund, but that usually requires some restocking fee.

If it were me I probably would have sent it back after they sold you a Rev. 2.1 and you got a Rev. 1, but I'm somewhat of a jerk when it comes to my money.

Chances are, no matter what you will have to pay return shipping, but if you can prove it is a faulty board, most companies will cover the costs of getting you a new one.
  18. Jiffy,

Here's a link to a review of the XP333 at accelenation: <A HREF="http://www.accelenation.com/?doc=101&page=1" target="_new">http://www.accelenation.com/?doc=101&page=1</A>

It specifically discusses the differences between the various versions of the board. Kevin acted almost as liason between Iwill and the Iwill forum at amdmb.com, especially as this "overclockers special" motherboard was developed. He KNOWS this board.

Also, the biggest problem getting ALL Iwill DDR boards to work is getting the ram to seat. I don't know if there is any specific order the ram slots need to be filled, but I do know that the slots are VERY tight. You really have to install the ram in the board outside the case on a flat surface just so you can get the center part of the stick to make contact (to keep the board from bending with all the force applied).

hope this helps.

BW

You (Via advocate) bought the XP333, while as far as I can tell, AMD_man (XP advocate) doesn't have one yet. lol!
  19. Quote:

You (Via advocate) bought the XP333, while as far as I can tell, AMD_man (XP advocate) doesn't have one yet. lol!

Hehe, I've been saving up. I'm only 15 and I have to earn my money through work and partially through allowance. You can imagine I hardly make any money for myself at all so it'll take time for me to get the board. Plus, I'm having problems finding PC2700 in Toronto. I don't want to shop online, though, because of all the horror stories I here with non-functional hardware. Please refer to my post in the Memory forum.

BTW, I'm not an XP333 advocate, I'm a 333MHz FSB+non-VIA advocate. I'm now looking at the Leadtek WinFast 7350KDA which also supports the 333MHz FSB and sells for $177 CDN where I live.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AMD_Man on 02/09/02 08:42 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
  20. Quote:
    Also, the biggest problem getting ALL Iwill DDR boards to work is getting the ram to seat.

I also heard that the module are not seated very well and like you said would be best to take the board out and push them down hard, then place the Ram in hard too.

If I wasn't in such a hurry I would still have the board and wouldn't of sent it back. If I new this yesterday I would of tried it and let it pass if it work. At least I should get the newer version and know I know what to do next time.
  21. The newer version should allow much better overclocks with higher voltage.

22. AMD_Man,

Actually, I'm with you on the specs for a good AMD board. Problem is, I don't think it's out there yet. I wish there were some quality boardmakers with SIS 745 chipsets. I may even go to the dark side (Intel/Rambus) if I can't find the right board (with a future) for an Athlon XP.

BW

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bw37 on 02/09/02 01:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  23. Actually, there are already at least 2 quality Athlon XP boards out:

Leadtek WinFast 7350KDA
    IWill XP333

Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Boot Maxtor