Webcam problems

February 12, 2005 11:10:15 AM

My father I have a Creative Labs Live! webcams and
installed them when he was at my house. We both use
wireless connections and were able to see each other fine
while he was here. I use a D-Link wireless broadband
router and he uses Linksys. We both use roadrunner cable
internet. He set up his account while using my wireless
connection at my house (we live in different states).
When he got home, we were unable to send video to each
other, but were able to chat. He tried to send me an
invitation for remote assistance, but it too failed. He
connected at home directly to his modem; turning off his
wireless router. Same problem...we could chat but no
luck with video. He is having a strange issue where
pictures on the internet only show up as red "X" and I
feel this may be an issue...HELP! :)

More about : webcam problems

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:12:43 PM

I've got the same problem and have a Creative webcam, XP Pro and a DLink
wireless router. I can text chat with a friend overseas, but whenever we
try to connect via voice or video, they systems cannot connect. We can use
Yahoo messenger but the graphics are poor and jerky. We have no problem
talking on Skype either.

Is there some issue with DLink, XP and Creative webcams?

Freddy
!