ABIT Th7II help

G

I have just built a computer and it is not as fast as I expected. The system is th7II raid 1.8 P4, 256 pc800, Asus GeForce3, and 7200 HD. When I started it up the first time everything is good but the chipset bios was automatically set. I am not sure that it set it for the best speed. I believe it set for 18 is the multiplier and the clock is set for 100Mhz. Is this right? It does not seem all that much faster than my old 350PII. Any help is appreciated

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes, that's right. What about it isn't any faster?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

Well then what could I do to speed it up. Overall the system just feels slow. I have no other software on it but win xp. But when I pull files to play on the media player its slow

FatBurger

Illustrious
Slow, as in movie files can't run at their full speed, or it takes a long time to open programs, or...?

Do you have DMA enabled? Sometimes PIO can really mess with your system's speed.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>