Our company is looking to deploy Microsoft Live
Communcation. Can any of you help answer a few questions?

Background: We currently have W2k3 Domain Controllers and
Exchange 2000.

Questions:

1) How will Live Communication be licensed if we don't
upgrade to Exchange 2003? Will the Exchange CALS be used
for both LCS and E2k?

2) Is it true that LCS decoupled from E2K3 in regarding
to licensing? In essence, Exchange CALS is for Exchange
and LCS CALS is for LCS.

3) Will LCS work with other IM clients such as IM2,
Yahoo, or AIM?

Thanks in advance for your help,
john tran (jtran@sungardcollegis.com)

Greetings John,

I had to redirect people, but there is an LCS newsgroup which can better answer all these
questions for you better than I.

You can get to it here:
http://tinyurl.com/5b9q6
Jonathan Kay