Software to continuously monitor packet loss

Just built a tin cantenna waveguide antenna using a D-link "stick" or
dongel USB adapter (see separate post). Got Network Stumbler to
monitor signal to noise ratio - which is 10 dB difference now.

Looking for some software to monitor packet loss or packet retries.
Preferably something that continuously monitors vs. a testing approach
and preferably free.

Suggestions?

Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about software continuously monitor packet loss

    Bob Alston <bobalston9@aol.com> wrote:
    > Looking for some software to monitor packet loss or packet retries.
    > Preferably something that continuously monitors vs. a testing approach
    > and preferably free.

    Windows?
    Start-run-perfmon.msc
    Add(+) Performance Object = IP and Network Interface.

    --
    ---

    are there any tutorials out there?

    AndiC

    <dold@SoftwareXt.usenet.us.com> wrote in message
    > Bob Alston <bobalston9@aol.com> wrote:
    > > Looking for some software to monitor packet loss or packet retries.
    > > Preferably something that continuously monitors vs. a testing approach
    > > and preferably free.
    >
    > Windows?
    > Start-run-perfmon.msc
    > Add(+) Performance Object = IP and Network Interface.
    >
    > --
    > ---
    > Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley (Lake County) CA USA 38.8-122.5

    dold@softwarext.usenet.us.com wrote:
    > Bob Alston <bobalston9@aol.com> wrote:
    >> Looking for some software to monitor packet loss or packet retries.
    >> Preferably something that continuously monitors vs. a testing approach
    >> and preferably free.

    > Windows?
    > Start-run-perfmon.msc
    > Add(+) Performance Object = IP and Network Interface.

    In playing with yet another DWL-122 (how can you pass them up at $9.98?), I
    set up perfmon.msc to monitor packets and errors.
    Then I added "Current Bandwidth". That clearly shows changes from 11 to
    5.5 to 2MbpS in an adhoc setup.
    Adding an antenna to my Orinoco card stabilized that at 11MbpS, which
    raised my test transfer from 524 to 603 KBytes/Sec on a 64 MB test.

    --
    ---

Monitors Packet Loss Software Wireless Networking