Closed

Want Dell Latitude Password/Service-Tag Generator Program

Last response: in Computer Brands
September 4, 2005 1:53:19 PM

Have purchased a Dell Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L at the Salvation
Army's outlet store.
I can not access any drives (CD, Hard-drive, floppy-drive) nor can I
access CMOS-Setup. I simply receive a Message: "" This computer system,
# 52WJP01-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You
cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter>
""
I noticed that the website postings mentioned " latitude.exe "
(password generator file/program) which I tried but it is geared to
only receiving 5 (five) characters for the Service_Tag_# input to this
program-file. I also used "Latitude_MasterPW.exe" but that does not do
it either. Does anyone know the file-name and where I can download the
correct Dell Password-Generator to solve my problem that will work for
"my" Dell model (C600/C500) Latitude?
Any help would be appreciated. Dell only helps those who can ""prove""
ownership (prove they are the original purchaser)!
My Dell is a: Latitude C600/C500 modle PP01L
Computer system: # 5ZWJP01-595B
Service Tag #: 5ZWJP01
Express Service Code: 13054894417
Thanks in advance
August 10, 2008 7:56:04 PM

i'm a little confused here...

have you downloaded the service manual? there must be a jumper if you can't get into cmos or boot from a disk...
August 10, 2009 10:37:00 PM

well there is only one way to solve that problem I have the same issue you have to search the specific jumper on the motherboard the jumper has to legs or however you call that, so you have to plug a cable to the third "leg" one side and the other side then make contact between both cables and so you are going to erase the password and reset the cmos that´s the only way to solve you problem.
Related resources
August 13, 2009 12:05:19 AM

Yes, that is the standard way to override an administrator pw on most systems - and actually quite simple. There should be instructions in the manual, which you should be able to download from Dell if you don't have, which includes a picture of the mobo showing the the prongs that need to be jumped.
August 13, 2009 2:19:04 AM

actually I have already take the project trying to solve the problem, I have the manual for the dell latitude c600 but the manual only says how to disassembly the computer you have to search the specific jumper by yourself here in this link you can find how to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JqB4lkVxkA

It´s actually a project but it worth it
August 13, 2009 2:28:24 AM

That is a fantastic video - good find.

I take it back. NOT so simple on a Dell laptop. On a desktop it is simple.
May 29, 2012 8:24:21 PM

Quote:

[...]

email me at repairman@hushmail.com i have the password Thk u
May 30, 2012 6:17:16 AM

This topic has been closed by Jimmysmitty
!